1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Winter is coming
3,569 Posts
AWESOME!

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
Wow, looks like more than 10 lb (but looks can be deceiving). Biggest one I ever caught was 8 lb and I don't remember it being half that.

I was never a major fisher but I looked forward to blacks and fall flounder more than anything. Blacks mainly for the sport. We used to anchor up by the Robert Moses bridge. Flounder mainly for the eatin'.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Angler fleet out of Port Washington. And that ain't me.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
The guy caught it on a jig with that spinner behind him, probably in shallow water. About half the guys that blackfish on the boat use jigs. Interesting technique. Flip out with your fluke rod, bounce til you find a rock, and lift the tip about an inch, so the jig head goes from horizontal to vertical. Jig does not leave the rock The crab is hooked so it looks alive with this motion. Works best with Asian crabs that actually stay alive a long time when hooked. Wait a minute and repeat. No hit, find another rock. Hit is very light.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Way to go Port I'm a neighbor I'm over in Glen Cove Just got back into fishing after a long layoff I fish off the pier in Prybill beach.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
Jigged the Island Current for tog yesterday, 2 keepers, 20 shorts, my biggest was 3lbs. Capts ratio was more like 9/50 topping out with a 6lber using Asians on a bait rig. He had more fish than the rest of the boat combined. My pool money paid for dinner at Sammys Fish Box. Probably be on the James Joseph or Hampton Lady next week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts