Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Lousy Shot
Joined
·
16,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PO POs fire on crowd protesting a police shooting. Reports say they're bean bag rounds but they sound like paintballs, possibly pepper balls.

The question is, was the crowd peaceably assembling to petition the Government for a redress of grievances? If not, don't bring your kids. :popcorn

I was in Camarillo on business at Pt Mugu NAS during the LA riots. Couldn't wait to GTFO of there.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=6555b22f21f7
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I know you didnt mean PO Piece os Shiiiiiiits without knowing both sides, or at least gicving thought to both sides. Was it not known that rocks and bottles were being thrown from the crowd at the cops. Should they wait till one hits one in the head, can kill or one looses and eye. I know one I grew up with who did just that, lost his eye thatnks to a rock thrown by a protestor. Nice.

Again, dont bring kids to a "peaceful" demonstration when EVEYBODY knows that a few bad apples in the crowd will throw crap at the police. I would never bring kids there, so tough crap on that onbe.
Good luck being a cop now, because they getting assaulted and killed at a blazing rate. Even with "crime" down, anti authority is way up. Arm yourselves, because the crap is going to hit the fan soon if the economy doesnt recover.
 

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
Joined
·
3,599 Posts
Anaheim Ca?? What happened, last time I was there it was a nice town ,like Garden City, riots ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
JesseJamesHeroidolised said:
I know you didnt mean PO Piece os Shiiiiiiits without knowing both sides, or at least gicving thought to both sides. Was it not known that rocks and bottles were being thrown from the crowd at the cops. Should they wait till one hits one in the head, can kill or one looses and eye. I know one I grew up with who did just that, lost his eye thatnks to a rock thrown by a protestor. Nice.

Again, dont bring kids to a "peaceful" demonstration when EVEYBODY knows that a few bad apples in the crowd will throw crap at the police. I would never bring kids there, so tough crap on that onbe.
Good luck being a cop now, because they getting assaulted and killed at a blazing rate. Even with "crime" down, anti authority is way up. Arm yourselves, because the crap is going to hit the fan soon if the economy doesnt recover.
PO PO is slang for police...piece of shi* would be POS.
 

·
Now an Ex NYer
Joined
·
24,861 Posts
BLAMMO said:
PO POs fire on crowd protesting a police shooting. Reports say they're bean bag rounds but they sound like paintballs, possibly pepper balls.

The question is, was the crowd peaceably assembling to petition the Government for a redress of grievances? If not, don't bring your kids. :popcorn

I was in Camarillo on business at Pt Mugu NAS during the LA riots. Couldn't wait to GTFO of there.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=6555b22f21f7
Light slapping sound is paintballs most likely pepper balls you can see the officer firing them at the very beginning of the video he's on the right side of the screen. The welts shown later in the video are consistent with paintball strikes.

Not having seen what led up to this (the moments before the manure hit) it's tough to say - Too many violent mobs are suddenly peaceful when the cameras start rolling and vice versa
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,808 Posts
:popcorn
 

·
Now an Ex NYer
Joined
·
24,861 Posts
Dan 0351 said:
I'll get the next one Dan, Reg, extra butter or kettle?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,808 Posts
LOL. Just waiting for the bombardment from the 'usual suspects'. Another 15 second video and they'll know who was right and who was wrong and why it happened and post their strong, knowledgeable feelings about it.
I might just sit this one out, ;D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
AP report labels them as "demonstrators"; liberal media has no bias, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
To be sure California Kops have been known and have a reputation to be heavy handed but as was stated earlier, ya gotta hear both sides. In most states you can't shoot a fleeing unarmed suspect unless he/she presents an immediate threat to lives or property or is armed waving around and menacing w/a firearm. There will most likely be an investigation and I'm sure if the suspect was simply running away, a lawsuit by the family.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
This can get worse...

Anaheim Police Department Kill Another Man After Day of Protests

ORIGINAL POST, JULY 23, 12:32 A.M.: A source is telling OC Weekly five shots were heard as another man was shot by police and believed to be dead. A resident of the neighborhood off of Guinida neighborhood said the shooting happened off of Guinida Lane and Palm Drive. About 200 protesters are on the scene.

Witnesses have told the source the man was handcuffed, then shot by police. No one is being allowed to take photos, according to the source. When a group tried to take photos from an upstairs apartment, police shined a bright light onto the residents to block the view.

More details to follow; story developing.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/07/another_man_possibly_shot_by_a.php
 

·
Lousy Shot
Joined
·
16,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tarth said:
... Witnesses have told the source the man was handcuffed, then shot by police. ...
See, this is the kind of bullshit some people only need to hear once before the whole thing just explodes. I don't know that it's bullshit but I'll have to see some pretty solid evidence before I'm gonna believe the police are just executing handcuffed detainees.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,632 Posts
......................... i think i will go rent " It's a wonderful life "

Getting tired of this polarizing BS .
 

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
Joined
·
12,115 Posts
NRATC53 said:
I'll get the next one Dan, Reg, extra butter or kettle?
Just don't be seen with Big Gulp sodas. Bloomie's gonna get you. ;)
 

·
Now an Ex NYer
Joined
·
24,861 Posts
T.Webb said:
Just don't be seen with Big Gulp sodas. Bloomie's gonna get you. ;)
Bring it on, I have a soda fountain and a bunch of pre-ban cups!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
24,899 Posts
BLAMMO said:
See, this is the kind of bullshit some people only need to hear once before the whole thing just explodes. I don't know that it's bullshit but I'll have to see some pretty solid evidence before I'm gonna believe the police are just executing handcuffed detainees.
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
wait, you haven't seen the bart cop murder? Where the cop has the man prone and cuffed and holds a gun in his back and it just "goes off". No offense to military/leo types here but look at this logically. We live in a system where the government has a monopoly on force, and that force is supposed to be seen with respect as a force of good. This means the most brutish types of people may be more inclined to join their ranks, since they like to do violence and see it as a way to control others through force. Add on top of this many people who were clearing insurgents out of houses are now patrolling the streets. I am not saying EVERY police officer is bad. I am just saying that the initiation of force on someone acting peacefully is immoral, regardless of what costume you may be wearing.

With prosecutors getting their "friends in law enforcement" off, and a police union who will defend any action, it isn't too hard to feel like you are above the law.

The first law passed by congress was the declaration of independence states that when government violates the natural law, it is our right and duty to alter and abolish it. This country was born and raised on a healthy DISRESPECT for government authority. Love your country, hate your government
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,808 Posts
Timm84 said:
wait, you haven't seen the bart cop murder? Where the cop has the man prone and cuffed and holds a gun in his back and it just "goes off". No offense to military/leo types here but look at this logically. We live in a system where the government has a monopoly on force, and that force is supposed to be seen with respect as a force of good. This means the most brutish types of people may be more inclined to join their ranks, since they like to do violence and see it as a way to control others through force. Add on top of this many people who were clearing insurgents out of houses are now patrolling the streets. I am not saying EVERY police officer is bad. I am just saying that the initiation of force on someone acting peacefully is immoral, regardless of what costume you may be wearing.

With prosecutors getting their "friends in law enforcement" off, and a police union who will defend any action, it isn't too hard to feel like you are above the law.

The first law passed by congress was the declaration of independence states that when government violates the natural law, it is our right and duty to alter and abolish it. This country was born and raised on a healthy DISRESPECT for government authority. Love your country, hate your government
:X :shootme
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top