Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Although we have yet to go to closing (which we should be soon) easement issues have led to a few conversations tonight to owners on both sides of us. One is still in Ohio and the other is down there. Got the skinny on all of the owners of the lots around us since there is a common road plan in the works.

For the first time in my life I feel like I'm the weak link.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Although we have yet to go to closing (which we should be soon) easement issues have led to a few conversations tonight to owners on both sides of us. One is still in Ohio and the other is down there. Got the skinny on all of the owners of the lots around us since there is a common road plan in the works.

For the first time in my life I feel like I'm the weak link.
Funny. I always thought you were the missing link

Seriously, Why do you feel that way?

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny. I always thought you were the missing link

Seriously, Why do you feel that way?
Because of the overall size of area and owners of lots no less than 10 acres . Although we all are of like mind ( I really couldn't hand pick better neighbors) I have the least to offer.

Over the course of being on the phone for almost 2 hours tonight the progression of the conversation was enlightening.

It made me have faith in this country again.

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you are giving the easements get compensated from your seller
The easement is an ingress and egress. It was never really an issue once we got down there and saw it. It crosses a couple of lots and is probably about 40 some odd feet lower than our possible build site and around seven hundred some odd feet away. It would only be crossed along our property by one family. We would cross 2 lots.

But as it turns out the lot further from the road is planning a road through the valley on an area the crosses a few boundary lines with others on the other side of the valley.

To us this is not an issue now as we are going in the common road as it stands.

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
To put the ingress and egress easement in a way you can understand, if you look at this picture just left of center you will see a black and white spot. That is me and the realtor. The easement across our property is just a bit closer. But the only people who could use it are not going to and are signing off.

View attachment 61318

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Not for nothing dude, and congrats on the property, but maybe today isn't the day to do a "Tennesee update" thread.

Reactions: Aquabach

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,914 Posts
To put the ingress and egress easement in a way you can understand, if you look at this picture just left of center you will see a black and white spot. That is me and the realtor. The easement across our property is just a bit closer. But the only people who could use it are not going to and are signing off.

View attachment 61318
You're the black spot correct? keepin it real? lol, I thought that black was the new orange?

But seriously, People out in the country are cut from a totally different cloth, and when you think about it, you're all the "new guys" in town. I am sure that it is only the first of many olive branches to come. I am really happy for the both of you in this endeavor. Enjoy it to the maxx.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.