Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be used for paper targets at 50yards? Are there any ammo rules at Calverton? Thanks.

·
Banned
6,853 Posts
At Calverton the only rules are 1 - dont shoot anyone 2 - no tracers, other than that, you are gtg.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
i heard depleted uranium deer piecing rnds are gtg....the deer just vaporizes...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And to answer the op question .... What should be used in regards to what ?
I figure cheap target shells(eg #
would be pointless because it would spread way to much. Now that I know slugs are OK, is there a cheap slug out there? Or some shot that would stay reasonably close together with a smooth 18.5" barrel? 12ga mossberg.

G

·
Cheapest slugs I got for my 12 ga Mossberg 500 were $5.95 for a box of 5 plus tax, sometimes the cheapest are slower velocity low recoil, sometimes rifled high velocity . Which makes it around $51 out of pocket for 8 boxes - 50 rounds total for a session. Rifled slugs provide better accuracy. Non rifled slugs at 50 yards? I am not sure you would even hit the target.

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,454 Posts
I figure cheap target shells(eg #
would be pointless because it would spread way to much. Now that I know slugs are OK, is there a cheap slug out there? Or some shot that would stay reasonably close together with a smooth 18.5" barrel? 12ga mossberg.
There's a shotgun target on the pistol side at Calverton. Don't use shot on the 50/100 side, slugs are fine though.

Reactions: ChiBurger
1 - 8 of 8 Posts