Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
Guilty, come take my guns...

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Just in that paragraph they spell out what clearly IS a mental mess....

"to the point where it impairs one's ability to make conscientious decisions"

Yep - that person is nuts. Reminds me of a conversation with a friend's cousin. She was 16-17, in Catholic school, and when she was asked about future plans for school, career, etc. her answer was "the lord will provide for me" Of course I can't articulate here how it sounded - the absolute zombie like belief. I wasn't much older at the time, but I told my buddy "your cousin is nuts"

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is posted at the bottom of The News Nerd site:

"About The News Nerd

The stories posted on TheNewsNerd are for entertainment purposes only. The stories may mimic articles found
in the headlines, but rest assured they are purely satirical."

·
8,064 Posts

·
Unappreciated while still alive
3,801 Posts
Just in that paragraph they spell out what clearly IS a mental mess....

"to the point where it impairs one's ability to make conscientious decisions"

Yep - that person is nuts. Reminds me of a conversation with a friend's cousin. She was 16-17, in Catholic school, and when she was asked about future plans for school, career, etc. her answer was "the lord will provide for me" Of course I can't articulate here how it sounded - the absolute zombie like belief. I wasn't much older at the time, but I told my buddy "your cousin is nuts"
Was she hot?

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
The title of the post is misleading.

You need this qualifier, to the point where it impairs one's ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, for it to make any sense. Although any belief that leads to an inability to make common sense decisions, I would think would qualify as mental illness.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
So by this definition andy is nuts, just saying that he fits this description that's all; common sense wise he has no ability to make conscientious decisions and so he must surrender his hunting weapons under the safe act. Nobody needs a ------------------------- (fill in the blank) to be govener.

·
8,064 Posts
The title of the post is misleading.

You need this qualifier, to the point where it impairs one's ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, for it to make any sense. Although any belief that leads to an inability to make common sense decisions, I would think would qualify as mental illness.
Common sense, like in 2A issues? So much FAIL!

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Reactions: Genghis Khan

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Like this guy?

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, "I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me."

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, "We're leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!" But the man declined. "I have faith that God will save me."

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, "Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!" But the man again said, "No thanks, God will save me."

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. "We will come up and rescue you!" they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, "Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!"

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. "No thank you! God will save me!"

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, "I put all of my faith in You. Why didn't You come and save me?"

And God said, "Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?"

·
8,064 Posts
Cute... hot? eh... Let's just say she didn't qualify on the hot/crazy chart to bother with.
I guess you would consider it a waste of your time, especially if her name was Virginia...

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
Common sense, like in 2A issues? So much FAIL!
I'm not getting into what 'common sense' means. I'm just saying that this title:

American Psychological Association To Classify Belief in God As a Mental Illness

without this qualifier, to the point where it impairs one's ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, leads one to believe that belief in God alone may lead to the classification of mental illness. If that were true, the vast majority of Americans would be classified as mentally ill. A ludicrous result & one not intended by the APA I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
So, Noah would be considered insane.

Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego would be insane.

Daniel, insane.

Moses, insane.

Aaron, insane. David, insane.

Israelites marching around Jericho, insane.

Jesus, insane.

The 12 Apostles, insane.

Billy Graham, insane.

I guess, I'm insane too, according to this.

So be it.

Reactions: Hannco

·
Registered
727 Posts
"According to the American Psychological Association (APA), a strong and passionate belief
in a deity or higher power, to the point where it impairs one's ability to make conscientious
decisions about common sense matters, will now be classified as a mental illness."

Read the rest: http://www.thenewsnerd.com/health/apa-to-classify-belief-in-god-as-a-mental-illness/
By this Standard ISIS and all Terrorists are guilty. Just another way to give them a pass when on American soil.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.