Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in american outdoors on 110 today  they have 50% off all clothing, boots, and hunting apparel  also have big sales on holsters  and other stuff,  NOT GUNS THOUGH  STILL OVERPRICED IN THAT AREA  but from what the workers  and  short napoleon  said  they are closing there doors  on 110    they said they are moving to rte.109 across from CAFE royal  somewhere,   they are making  a shooting range, store and archery  complex    i do not believe this due to the fact  there is no place over there  for this   unless that building that went up in flames a couple months ago   they can build there,   but anyway   they sold the 110 building  to Lexus  from what thety told me    WE WILL SEE MAYBE A TURN FOR THE BETTER  if anyone else can shed some light on this  please do so      IT JUST LOOKS LIKE A GOING OUT OF BUISNESS SALE  to me   they have  hundreds  of bows  lined up  in archery range  with sale signs  on them

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Wow, I live real close to there also. Another range would be awesome!!! :applaud

·
Registered
785 Posts
tatz45cal said:
I was in american outdoors on 110 today they have 50% off all clothing, boots, and hunting apparel also have big sales on holsters and other stuff, NOT GUNS THOUGH STILL OVERPRICED IN THAT AREA but from what the workers and short napoleon said t]hey are closing there doors on 110 they said they are moving to rte.109 across from CAFE royal somewhere they are making a shooting range, store and archery complex i do not believe this due to the fact there is no place over there for this unless that building that went up in flames a couple months ago they can build there, but anyway they sold the 110 building to Lexus from what thety told me WE WILL SEE MAYBE A TURN FOR THE BETTER if anyone else can shed some light on this please do so IT JUST LOOKS LIKE A GOING OUT OF BUISNESS SALE to me they have hundreds of bows lined up in archery range with sale signs on them
it's down the road more going s/e closer to the so.state pkwy. near the no tell-motel.it was a old limo co.building.that from what the guy told me when i bought my .22 savage from them only$152 dicks was $162.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Let alone a Lexus dealership of all things. Regardless, I hope they do move and open up an indoor range. The more ranges we have here on the Island the better for all of us so I wish them much success and hope that they aren't just going out of business.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
ANY change to this place would be an improvement

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
Route 109......right on my way home from work....that would be nice  8)

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
jan are you going to add that sweet hi-point 9 ati beretta conversion to your sig or what?

G

·
I wish/hope they change these ways of thinking then and become a better shop... I mean they never put money into that building on 110. It was always looking run down.... I like jose, He was a kewl guy... Lets hope they do right by us and the suffolk fokes... a bad shooting range is not something we want in the papers...

In a move positive note, I hope its true and I hope its a nice a fun play to shoot.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I went and looked around they said they were moving I asked if your moving why sell everything guy told me he doesnt know. To me when a store moves why would they be preparing for and starting a fire sale? I think the over priced and bad attitude has caught up with them. I will find out the real story on sat I know a fellow who works there.

G

·
mikeee said:
I went and looked around they said they were moving I asked if your moving why sell everything guy told me he doesnt know. To me when a store moves why would they be preparing for and starting a fire sale? I think the over priced and bad attitude has caught up with them. I will find out the real story on sat I know a fellow who works there.
There stuff is very old, If I was them, I would do a fire sale and clean house so when we get to the new place its nice and fresh and not looking like its been hanging for 40 yrs...

Last firesale I was in the company went under...

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
it's always disconcerting when you go to look at firearms and there's dust on them.  speaks volumes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some of this brings me to a question about ccw.  If I work close to the new place but live in Northport...would i be able to carry to work and carry after work to go to the new range?  

G

·
chiaml said:
Some of this brings me to a question about ccw. If I work close to the new place but live in Northport...would i be able to carry to work and carry after work to go to the new range?
kinda, but how do you carry during the time your at work?

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
[quote name='']

There stuff is very old, If I was them, I would do a fire sale and clean house so when we get to the new place its nice and fresh and not looking like its been hanging for 40 yrs...

[/quote]

:yepthat

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.