Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:
I just received the following notice. Get the goods, while their hot and available!
Gary

WE'RE MOVING! VACATING PREMISES SOON!

HUGE INVENTORY REDUCTION & CLOSEOUT SALE!

TRUE 50% TO 75% DISCOUNTS!

FAMOUS BRAND NAMES!

SELECTED COMPOUND BOWS AT $100 - ARCHERY GEAR-

TREE STANDS-FISHING TACKLE - CAMPING GEAR - CLOTHING

BOOTS & SHOES - PAINTBALL GUNS BINOCULARS - DECOYS

GAME CALLS -ATV WINCHES - KAYAKS & RAFTS

KNIVES & POCKET TOOLS - GUN SCOPES - HUNTING & OUTDOOR GEAR -

MAPS - BOOKS & VIDEOS - WILDLIFE FEEDERS

$$$ SAVE $$$ NOW $$$

Huge Closeout Sale--- True 50% to 75% Discounts--- Brand Names Save Big Bucks Now!

Watch For Our New Location Spring 2010

American Outdoor Sports - 2040 Broadhollow Road - NYS Route 110 - Farmingdale, LI NY 11735

·
Registered
436 Posts
Gary, there's additional good news related to this in the members only section.

This sale's been on for a while, I guess they're ratcheting up as they approach the exit time.

I bought a bow there last week. It's a couple years old, but new in box and better than my old bow. I think I got the best one left, but there must be hundreds of bows in the $100 sale...
They had a ton of nice looking boots I might go back and check out.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Tunaguy said:
Firearms or ammo on sale?
Donated members receive an additional discount. Consider donating to LIF to gain access. We add Member Discounts on a regular basis

G

·
they suppose to of changed a little bit, This sale is pretty kewl, and member discount is nice also

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
norad58 said:
That place is an absolute craphole and the people working there have the kind of garbage attitude that make you want to kick them right in the marbles.
I was assured that there is a new breath of fresh air. Can't hurt to try again

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
norad58 said:
That place is an absolute craphole and the people working there have the kind of garbage attitude that make you want to kick them right in the marbles.
++++++++++++++++++ ++++ 1

I went there based on this thread. First the place is big. Everything looks old and dusty. I mean the handguns in the counter display looked like someone threw dust on them on purpose. WTF. They have some old style custom 1911's for like the price of new custom nighthawks lmao. The prices are ridiculous. To be fair I saw a keltec 380 at a reasonable price. Everything else looks old, dusty and pricey. Ok so I checked the stuff that was marked down to %50 percent... lmao... I get the feeling that if you do buy some of those "marked down" items a trip to walmart will make you sick afterwards.

Oh and the Attitude from the people behind the counter does not help. Typical of pupu holes like these. Maybe I am just too spoiled with the CampSite Folks. I use them to rate other stores and maybe it is not fair. It is like grading on a curve and then turning around and saying that the average is 100. I love those guys... Great attitude, prices are good, and if you use them in the gun genie or gun locator website you save a bit of pesos. If you are there to buy they will be there to show you stuff until you tell them to stop. If you are there to look they will not bother you and If you are there to chi-chat boy get a stool, you are in for a treat.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Hmm, this isnt good news.  And I know they read these threads..

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Hey maybe the dust was from the moving..., but come on how long does it take to wip out the duster.  So what if they read this thread.  Maybe these type of feed back will help them.  Specially if they are going to start anew somewhere else.  If they price their stuff right, revamp their inventory and make a couple of trips to stores which in this forum we give hi praises to and learn how they treat their customers; maybe they can turn things around.  I don't hold a grudge.  I will go back if things get better.  I have not giving up on them... it is just that the current store looks like they have given up  on their customers...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
norad58 said:
I have found this to be true myself...they have some very unfriendly attitudes there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I looked thur the sale items yesterday anything good is not on sale and the boots I looked at were so old they were dry rotted. I agree with everyone else and hope they stay closed. Nothing broke my heart more then watching someone buy a 1300$ ar-15 and once the sale was complete the guy asked the cashier to show him how to field strip it and the guy said im here to sell guns not teach how to clean them. The customer was so upset after he left the store I gave him this site and my phone number..

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I bought a Saiga there a little over a year ago and it wasn't until the guy behind the counter was sure I was going to buy that he was the least bit interested.

It's like they are doing you a favor when you buy something from them. I don't get it.

Unless their attitude changes a new store front won't much matter.

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Folks:
A little birdie told me, this morning, that they are going to reopen, on Route 109, adjacent to the airport and that the new location will include an indoor, public-access range.
Gary

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
_ said:
maybe they wanna hire me to come help them get straightened out............
PM me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.