Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to enjoy visiting this site daily. I could usually count on an amusing anecdote or learn a thing or two about guns. These days I find myself visiting the Long Island Firearms site maybe once a week and have been VERY DISAPPOINTED by the lack of new content. I see only a few of us posting to the site, and I can't blame any of you. Some of the new content is spam. There seems to be no filter or vetting of new members so anything goes from hawking unnecessary items to today's posting about one's theological perceptions.

I'm not saying that I'll never come back here but I don't look forward to this site as I used to. Administrators should take a careful look at what is left of Long Island Firearms and make changes before the site becomes totally useless. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Long Island Firearms is on the verge of obsolescence.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agreed, luckily, there are other local gun forums
I agree with the original post, can you name a few other local forums? I've learned a lot from this site and gotten good advice but it's become too difficult to navigate. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I agree with the original post, can you name a few other local forums? I've learned a lot from this site and gotten good advice but it's become too difficult to navigate. Thanks...
don’t want to get in trouble with the moderator, but if you do a Google search it should come up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Site shows over 16k members ,maybe more like 16 who post. I have been here many moons as mason852 but I lost my identity with the "upgrade" of the forum I am hanging on for now but my rope is like dental floss size

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not ready to give up as this posting shows I DO follow up on my posted messages so I made an exception and visited the site two days in a row. I too agree the "upgrade" started the downslide.

·
Registered
26,184 Posts
Don't be so quick to go over to the other Long Island website (if it still exists). The People that started it (if they are still there) were very intolerant when they were involved in LIF. Banning was a common occurrence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was banned here for no apparent reason. After inquiring why, I was reinstated after several days. It was apparently done in error. I’m curious as to how many others got the hammer “in error.” Since then I’ve been very reluctant to post anything. I’ll probably get banned again now. Lol

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was never banned and back in the heyday I posted most every day. There just seems nothing lately that I really care to comment about. Sad commentary.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Been thinking that forums like this one have past their day. As FB, YT, IG and Twitter grew they lured away a ton of ppl. Millions of folks interacting. Especially youngin’s. Then there are a bunch of other social media platforms now. Kindof like hangin on to 300 baud modems and bulletin boards.

Reactions: Ancap

·
Registered
26,184 Posts
I was banned here for no apparent reason. After inquiring why, I was reinstated after several days. It was apparently done in error. I’m curious as to how many others got the hammer “in error.” Since then I’ve been very reluctant to post anything. I’ll probably get banned again now. Lol
You were banned within two posts?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Im feeling the same way. The new site just doesn’t appel to me. Ive been on the for for a very long time. Used to really look forward to going on. This new one isnt cutting it for me.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,992 Posts
Don't be so quick to go over to the other Long Island website (if it still exists). The People that started it (if they are still there) were very intolerant when they were involved in LIF. Banning was a common occurrence.
Really? If it still exists? LOL.
The people at the new site left here BECAUSE of their perception of restrictions, duplicity and banning over trivial criticism of LIF owner and mods.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am done here BYE BYE (formally Mason852) until then "UPGRADE" see ya on the other forum screen name nevah happon

·
Registered
26,184 Posts
Really? If it still exists? LOL.
The people at the new site left here BECAUSE of their perception of restrictions, duplicity and banning over trivial criticism of LIF owner and mods.
Since I don't visit that site, I would not know if its still exists.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I joined this site in order to have access to a small local community of 2 A enthusiasts. Sites like Facebook and Reddit do not appeal to me. I hope folks do not leave because I think this site could be what we want it to be. If those of us who are not frustrated continue to engage in thoughtful respectful debates we can make this better.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
I'm not going anywhere. It takes some getting use to the new format but the importance of the site remains the same, keeping us informed on 2A issues and a source of information to those interested in firearms. The site has been around for a long time and has been useful to many. Format doesn't matter as much as participation.

Reactions: RoadRage

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I've been on many forums. Each one has its own quirks. When you log in just select the "NEW" button next to your name. It lists everything that changed since your last visit.
I think this site still has much to offer. IMHO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts