Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yes, general class WA2... since mid 1970's

Used to be big into CW & contesting, but haven't been active for several years now.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
SingleAction said:
Yes,

General class, W2 calls.

The 2m repeaters in my area are just about dead, nobody seems to use them anymore. I haven't worked HF in a couple of years.
I think cell phones just about killed 2 meters.

I used to really enjoy HF CW but not as much time for it now. Maybe in a few years I'll get back into it.

Liked QRP contests. Came in 1st once time on L.I. in a CQ DX contest working only 10 meters and under 100 watts using a 3 element beam ant on top of a home made wooden tower about 16 feet tall.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sparkz said:
I think cell phones just about killed 2 meters.

I used to really enjoy HF CW but not as much time for it now. Maybe in a few years I'll get back into it.

Liked QRP contests. Came in 1st once time on L.I. in a CQ DX contest working only 10 meters and under 100 watts using a 3 element beam ant on top of a home made wooden tower about 16 feet tall.
When we moved up to Sullivan Co, 13 years ago, we didn't have cell phone service, and we still don't have it now!

We live along the Delaware river, and when my wife was commuting to Middletown, one night coming home, she broke down, and had to walk almost a 1/4mile to the nearest house in the dark freezing snow.

That's when we got 2m for the cars, and the house. Still use the repeater for that, and glad to have it.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm currently studying for technician class. Would like to get more involved with this.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yup - N2...

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
I'll be relying upon all you guys for Pirate Radio once Obama shuts down free speech and the internet. What will I need to listen to you?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.