Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I am all loaded up for my back woods, trip, where I will cover about a total of approximately 650 miles, about 350 will be off road. I have plotted my route which will take me from Connecticut to Troy Vermont, right at the canadian border mostly on Dirt roads, Snowmobile trails, with very minimum connectors of asphalt. I will most likely take interstates on my return trip. I will be camping along the way, photo journaling my trip as well as video using my go pro cameras. I really don't know why I am doing this trip other than I think it will be fun, a challenge and because I can. This (in my mind) is a series of small trips, preparing for the big one from Washington state thru Alaska and back. I will see how it goes. Wish me luck, I will try to upload on this thread as the trip progresses providing I have cell service where I am at

Attachments

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Have a fun and safe trip .

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Why? Memories for a lifetime, that's why. That's what that KTM is made for.

Sounds like a great trip planned. Have a good time. I'm planning a ride down to South Carolina in late September.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
I was wondering what people used those things for!

Have a great trip, check the checklist, don't forget fuel bottles, tools, and oil, might be tough to push that out of the woods. How bulletproof are the fork seals on those things?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Be safe....

PS have you thought of/ looked at a SPOT sat messenger ? Esp good for alone and out of the way trip where there's spotty cell phones.

It can send pre-canned messgs and also Ping your location every 10 mins. You can give people the shared link to see where you are.
Best is it can send for help and the built in gps is within 20ft accuracy.

They are about $100 ( got one for my friend for $50 ) and service is non contract at $100-150 per year. But you can set up multi personalities online and swap in about 1 min so a family or friends can share the cost/device. ( on sale now for $74 )
http://www.findmespot.com/SummerSavings/index.html?refer=FrontpageBanner

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
An experience of a lifetime, have fun and be safe. Keep us posted if you can.

Don't know why this was moved to the bikes section, this thread is about a special life's journey and so much for than about a bike.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.