Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
All American is still open for business in Massapequa.
Was there an All American gun shop ?

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
My brother came to visit me here in Tampa a few weeks ago. He called and asked what I wanted him to bring. I told him All American double doubles and cheeseburgers. He brought a dozen of each. Got one cheeseburger left in the freezer.

I know it's not the same...but they sure tasted good!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Best knishes bar none. They must deep fry them. You can buy Gabila's yourself at a supermarket but they won't taste the same. Anyone remember when the Gabila's factory in Jersey went on fire like a year and a half ago? All American was knish-less for a couple of months.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My brother came to visit me here in Tampa a few weeks ago. He called and asked what I wanted him to bring. I told him All American double doubles and cheeseburgers. He brought a dozen of each. Got one cheeseburger left in the freezer.
I know it's not the same...but they sure tasted good!
There's a place in lindenhurst that sells them the burgers i forgot the name

·
Registered
282 Posts
And as far as American outdoorsman there a rip off and they're snippy, last time I called to find out transfer price no answer for 2 days

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm fairly certain that American Outdoor Sports on Route 109 in Lindenhurst is out of business. Google says it's permanently closed and I've driven by twice in the past two weeks and it certainly looked like it was closed for good.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
I'm fairly certain that American Outdoor Sports on Route 109 in Lindenhurst is out of business. Google says it's permanently closed and I've driven by twice in the past two weeks and it certainly looked like it was closed for good.
That was probably the last of the big gun shops after Edelman's closed in the 90's. They had good deals on Archery and Hunting equipment they needed to sell before closing. Most of the equipment was old. Not sure if they lost the lease it was around 2009. Never went to the other location. The one guy who was helping us said the new location was going to have an indoor range and was going to be delayed a while. Sad to hear they closed. The firearms business was really good the last 10 years.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts