Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
In my Happy Place
3,769 Posts
Just on the news. He was taken into custody for riding a bicycle against traffic in lower Manhattan. Two cops pulled him over and he got belligerent so was cuffed and taken in. A good day for LIF New Yorkers. Id like to buy those officers s beer. Lol.
Promote those guys!

Attachments

Reactions: Tonto and Dchilde

·
Sockdolager
844 Posts
Reactions: barfly

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Great job by New York's Finest! With one arrest they took two of the greatest menaces to society (well, two of my greatest pet peeves, anyway) off the street... a rude, reckless bicyclist and loud mouthed, arrogant, left wing celebrity. NYC is totally infested with both.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Personally I think he was doing it right. When I grew up you always rode towards traffic so you could see what was coming.
Riding with traffic on a bike is just stupid. You'll never see the driver about to plow you down.
The problem with riding against the traffic is that pedestrians and drivers making turns will not be looking for the cyclists.

In general, bicyclists in Manhattan are the rudest, most reckless, most lawless and most arrogant group of people in a city full of rude, reckless, lawless and arrogant people. Observe any 10 cyclists for even one block and 8 or 9 of them will commit some blatant traffic violation within that one block of riding. (wrong way, riding on sidewalk, running red lights, weaving through traffic, etc.).

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Ride with traffic, walk against traffic.

I thought that's how you're supposed to do those two things.

As far as Alec Baldwin is concerned, who cares? He's one of those guys from one of those families that probably bullied everyone and then got his brothers to jump in and help him beat you up when you went against him.

He's rude and not funny. He probably deserved it.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Alec Baldwin = just another believer of do as I say, not as I do. Arrogant bastards.

From CNN: Baldwin was taken to a nearby precinct, where he reportedly asked the desk supervisor: "How old are these officers, that they don't know who I am?" according to a law enforcement official.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Personally I think he was doing it right. When I grew up you always rode towards traffic so you could see what was coming.
Riding with traffic on a bike is just stupid. You'll never see the driver about to plow you down.
I never really understood it either. When I was a kid I always wanted to see traffic and didn't like not knowing what was behind me. Generally, a driver can see a cyclist from either direction. However, if a cyclist passes from behind when your turning right or left they can easily go unseen particularly if traveling up from a few cars back as your attention has already changed to oncoming traffic if making a left or around the turn if making a right.

·
I'm a Michigander now.
5,170 Posts
I hate bicyclists more than I like baldwin. (he is really funny on 30 rock). good job Get them all off the damn road (unless is specifically has a bicycle lane).

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Alec Baldwin = just another believer of do as I say, not as I do. Arrogant bastards.

From CNN: Baldwin was taken to a nearby precinct, where he reportedly asked the desk supervisor: "How old are these officers, that they don't know who I am?" according to a law enforcement official.
I think Alec would be crushed to know that it has been so long since he has been relevant that most people under 35 probably don't know who he is. Half that do probably only know him as the guy who berated his daughter via voice mail and called her a pig.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.