Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Alabama police charge 8-year-old with murder in death of 1-year-old

3K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  havfun 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.cnn.com/2...linkId=18669071

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)](CNN)An 8-year-old boy has been charged with murder in the beating death of a 1-year-old girl while their mothers went out clubbing, Birmingham, Alabama, police said.[/background]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]The girl's mom, Katerra Lewis, has been charged with manslaughter in the case.[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]"The sad part is you had an adult mother here who had the audacity to leave her 1-year-old in the custody of several other children at the house and none of those kids were over the age of 8," Lt. Sean Edwards said at a Tuesday news conference covered by CNN affiliate WBRC.[/background]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]"It is believed while the mother and friend were at the club; the 8 year old viciously attacked the 1 year old because the 1 year old would not stop crying," a police statement said. "The 1 year old suffered from severe head trauma as well as major internal organ damage which ultimately lead to her death."[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]According to police, Lewis and her friend left their kids alone around 11 p.m. on October 10 to go to a club. At least five children were left alone, none older than 8.
When the women returned around 2 a.m, they didn't check on the children.
Lewis found her baby unresponsive in her crib hours later and called authorities, police said. The Jefferson County Coroner ruled the death a homicide.
The 8-year-old is in the custody of the state Department of Human Resources.
Edwards said the Birmingham Police Department has never charged someone so young with murder before.
For the infant's mother, the cost could go well beyond any possible sentence if convicted of manslaughter.
"I think her punishment is going to be something she'll have to live with the rest of her life, her actions that night, choosing the club over taking care of her 1-year-old," Edwards said.[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]CNN's AnneClaire Stapleton and Chandler Friedman contributed to this report.[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]
[/background]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]So here's one that breaks your heart to pieces. It also nukes the "WTF" Bingo sheet from orbit. Black mother goes clubbing, leaves her 8 and 1 year old alone at home. Birmingham, Alabama. Charges being brought against an 8 year old. My brain can't even parse this one. As soon as I saw the headline on Facebook I assumed the 8 year old had gotten ahold of an improperly stored firearm, but no, he beat her to death. I think I'll just cry quietly about this one. [/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]edit: Here's a pic of big mama that had to get her dance on[/background]

See less See more
#2 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2...linkId=18669071

[/background][/i][/size][/font][/color]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]So here's one that breaks your heart to pieces. It also nukes the "WTF" Bingo sheet from orbit. Black mother goes clubbing, leaves her 8 and 1 year old alone at home. Birmingham, Alabama. Charges being brought against an 8 year old. My brain can't even parse this one. As soon as I saw the headline on Facebook I assumed the 8 year old had gotten ahold of an improperly stored firearm, but no, he beat her to death. I think I'll just cry quietly about this one. [/background]
I will pray and cry over this one too..poor baby never had a chance.

#5 ·
The most likely outcome will be the mother being charged, more so than the 8 y/o.

#10 ·
Every time I read stories like this, I want to plaster them all over the walls of every liberal who regurgitates the white guilt nonsense all over FB. I dont think I even know any white people who can date their ancestry in the US back to the civil war or slavery. Most are Irish, German, or Italians who are first, second, or third generation Americans whose families immigrated here with nothing to build a better life. Any feeling of resentment towards blacks has been learned through personal experience, not handed down through generations of bigotry.

#23 ·
This doesn't explain Ben Carson and the many unnamed others who have grabbed their lives by the a$$ and dragged themselves out of that horrible democrat created welfare driven existence which as they say is for their own good, just like anti gun laws

#21 ·
.................and what of the rich and vibrant father?

#24 ·
They are outcast as giving in to white [male] privilege instead of held up as examples.

Who would want to volunteer as an example to these kids/teens?

I think the last black figure who held himself out as an example of "I did it and so can you so stay on school!" was Mr. T in the 80's!

Not even our President says these things. He just feeds the flames of division.

Reactions: sickofny
#30 ·
good. didn't see the joke and it is way to sad and pathetic story to comment in any humorous way. I read this story a little while ago and just could not understand why any of the people involved did the things they did. The mothers involved, the kids that were supposed to be watching the even younger kids and the 8 year old. WTF were they all thinking? The mothers DID NOT CHECK ON THE BABY when they got home. ALL the kids should be taken away, they are not fit HUMANS, never mind being fit parents.
Just when you hear something that is so unbelieveable you think that is the worst story you can read, along comes an even more unbelievable horror story.

#27 ·
I'm not saddened by this at all. These kids would have been living off the system and likely in jail after committing a crime on one or several people.

Assuming the 8 yo did it, where do you think he got the behavior from? The 1 yo would have been just as bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.