Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Bumper Hood Automotive tire Auto part

so I was just told by a trooper state sgt that my stock is not NY complaint and I could get arrested for it because is not consider featureless since the stock has a hole in it !!!! Someone please guide me …

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If thousands and thousands of New Yorkers and tourists got arrested under the gravity knife law by simply holding a folding knife by its blade…..then being arrested for this AK under the “thumb hole“ law would not surprise me at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s a spur grip with a featureless AK. I don’t see how this is illegal
Exactly what I’m saying this was a law enforcement sgt state trooper friend of mine told me this and it makes no sense I was like dude you bugging
The definition of a thumb hole stock, is a stock that gives you the access of putting your thumb in the stock in the trigger hand…
And my stock is a fixed magpul moe
Stock which makes my rifle a featureless Ny complaint

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Exactly what I’m saying this was a law enforcement sgt state trooper friend of mine told me this and it makes no sense I was like dude you bugging
The definition of a thumb hole stock, is a stock that gives you the access of putting your thumb in the stock in the trigger hand…
Like I said, he was a friend. A Sergeant with NYSP would have you collared if this was the case. You can call the troopers for their opinion. Tell them the type of stock. It’s a fixed stock. Not a thumbhole stock.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
you can go by whatever definition you want, but the only one that matters is what the courts say

Attorneys pay my company thousands of dollars a month, just so they can have clarification of the law. Even then we don’t always have all the answers

I always use the gravity knife law as an example, because a Buck 110 or something similar is clearly not a gravity knife yet tens of thousands were arrested because the police, DA, and local Judges said it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you can go by whatever definition you want, but the only one that matters is what the courts say

Attorneys pay my company thousands of dollars a month, just so they can have clarification of the law. Even then we don’t always have all the answers

I always use the gravity knife law as an example, because a Buck 110 or something similar is clearly not a gravity knife yet tens of thousands were arrested because the police, DA, and local Judges said it was.
Wood Flooring Gas Bumper Asphalt
Like I said how is this a thumb hole stock there is no way Il be able to shot putting my thumb in the hole of the stock and pull the trigger at the same time ?! Impossible 100%. The law is the law but when some people does not know the law even if is law enforcement you need to exercise your rights and laws

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
View attachment 140307 Like I said how is this a thumb hole stock there is no way Il be able to shot putting my thumb in the hole of the stock and pull the trigger at the same time ?! Impossible 100%. The law is the law but when some people does not know the law even if is law enforcement you need to exercise your rights and laws
Hey, we are on the same side

just looking out for you….good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts