Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts
its the only way to appreciate the genius of the ak design.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,919 Posts
And nothing feels better than firing off your first round from a build you did yourself
Yup, very satisfying to build it and then shoot it

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Actually I never enjoy shooting first few rounds from a freshly built rifle. For obvious reasons I shoot it with fully stretched arms as far away from the body and head as possible.
After that follows a fun dump of 2-3 magazines

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts
Actually I never enjoy shooting first few rounds from a freshly built rifle. For obvious reasons I shoot it with fully stretched arms as far away from the body and head as possible.
After that follows a fun dump of 2-3 magazines
i must be crazy then. i just shoulder the damn thing and go at it.

Reactions: mattyj513

·
former ak builder
2,574 Posts
Whats the deal with screw builds? i was going to go that route but ive seen alot of people opposing it.
read this
http://www.calguns.n...ead.php?t=81597

i especially wouldnt trust screws on the rear trun, being that is the part of the gun that takes ALL the abuse: the force of the carrier going back, then the force required to push it forward, sometimes carrier touching/hitting rear trunnion, along with the vibrations and sheer forces that lead to screws coming loose = hunk of metal in your face

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.