Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to south shore sportsman(thought I'd try a different place other than T&T) to pick up some 10 or 20 round AK clips to use at the range for table or prone shooting, plus not having to deal with worrying about getting a hard time proving preban for 10+mag. The guy who helped me(resembled Dustin Hoffman) told me he didn't have any and that it was kind of an oxymoron to use a 10 round mag in an AK, but all I could wonder was how is not selling the only current legal magazine size not an oxymoron. Yes I know prebans are technically legal but nonstamped ones can be a pain, and not everyone wants 30 round if you can't even autofire. Both guys working were nice and helpful, ended up paying $15 for ak sight adjustment tool that goes for $5 online and getting swivels installed in my sister's new Savage model 64 for $30.
Stopped at T&T gunnery to check what mags they had there, same thing didn't have any 10 or 20s, think they had 5s but was unsure if he could even dig them out but rather have some 10s and 20s. Had pretty good experience there this time since it wasn't as crowded, very helpful.

·
Registered
670 Posts
you use an AK47 for home defense lol, AKs are good for hunting, zombie hordes, and targets lol if you want a good home defence gun grab a shottie    

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
blackheart said:
I like the smaller round mags also for bench rest and sighting in also. The 30 rounders stick out too far, I save them for home defense. BLACKHEART
AK's have sights? For what? ;D

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,239 Posts
AR_Guy said:
When you are on the couch... and the remote falls just out of reach... the sight is a handy tool to hook and drag the remote back to you ;) 8)

·
6,913 Posts
CaptainMitchell said:
When you are on the couch... and the remote falls just out of reach... the sight is a handy tool to hook and drag the remote back to you ;) 8)
Cool thanks for clearing that up. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AR_Guy said:
ya brought it to last appleseed, not sure if I want to again even if though it's only 25 yards. Only other iron sight rifle I have is my M1 garand and considering I shot about 300 rounds in only 1 day last appleseed, no thx.

·
6,913 Posts
brown said:
ya brought it to last appleseed, not sure if I want to again even if though it's only 25 yards. Only other iron sight rifle I have is my M1 garand and considering I shot about 300 rounds in only 1 day last appleseed, no thx.
25 Yards? really reaching out with that AK. 300 rounds was that the first target? ;) only kidding. I did Appleseed with an Iron sight AR. Several had 9x scopes on 22's.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AR_Guy said:
25 Yards? really reaching out with that AK. 300 rounds was that the first target? ;) only kidding. I did Appleseed with an Iron sight AR. Several had 9x scopes on 22's.
ya my sis used my 4x 22, I rather learn with iron sights considering that what it's all about, once you get dialed in with your scope and your using you're sling right, seems pretty easy to be using a scoped wep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.