Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Eotech it was simple, battery type, size, button placement, and if it was NV capable.

I am trying to tell the difference between one aim point compared to the next. I don't care about the size or shape or battery life.

I'm looking to potentially use NV so lets say thats a deciding factor. Also every other accessory I have uses the surefire 123 batteries which i have a bunch of.

which one should i get? I don't know the difference between the 400.00 models and the 750.00 models.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
IMO. The PRO is the best bang for the buck. It's tough as nails and its 150' water depth rating demonstrates how strong it's made. Great reviews, great warranty and works as advertised. Battery life is outstanding, 3 years if left on! Who knows how long if you turn it off to it back in the safe for 6 months at a time. It's NV capable also. It's not s micro but it's certainly no heavy weight.

Spellcheck snafu.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
There are really two main questions when looking at purchasing an Aimpoint... How much do you want to spend and how small/light of an optic do you want on your gun. I am a huge fan of the micro series due to the size/weight. You can't go wrong with anything that Aimpoint makes! Also, batteries shouldn't even be a consideration with an Aimpoint!

·
Registered
769 Posts
IMO. The PRO is the best bang for the buck. It's tough as nails and its 150' water depth rating demonstrates how strong it's made. Great reviews, great warranty and works as advertised. Battery life is outstanding, 3 years if left on! Who knows how long if you turn it off to it back in the same for 6 months at a time. It's NV capable also. It's not s micro but it's certainly no heavy weight.
This... Bought my pro new on sale for 370$ shipped last year. Love it. I own an xps2 also and like it as well but I'm a big fan of the pro and I'd love a aimpoint h1 or t1 micro, but A the price is a little high and 2 I'd probably get the trijicon mro first lol.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
FWIW... The primary arms advanced micro dot IS a great alternative. I have one I ran on a 12G semi for 1 class without fail and it's got some nice features. Couldn't tell you how it will hold up long term, but plenty of people have tested it much harder than I did without any problems.

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
Do you plan on running it with an ANPVS22-27 in front of the sight or a PVS14 behind it?

Either works with the monocular looking through the optic- just get one NVG compatible. I prefer the T1/T2 micro

If you are going forward mounted NVG, like ANPVS 22, get 1-4X Elcan. I think it is the best sight for this.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
If you can afford the reasonable buy in price get an Aimpoint, if you can't afford it now then use irons till you save up enough to get an Aimpoint, if you can't or don't want to shell out the schekles for an Aimpoint then get the Chinese knockoff. IMO.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have two primary arms red dots, the micro on one rifle and the advanced micro on my 9mm AR and let me tell you, they work and function flawlessly, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal on a red dot for the money. Just save your money and wait on an aimpoint. I bought mine last April from PSA for 370$ shipped. There's a reason most LE agencies have the pro on their M4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.