Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ordered a Mosin from AIM. they are $89.  and no tax. Seems to good to be true is it? never see them locally.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Get your C&R and it will be $89 plus $18 shipping, I have bought several from AIM never been disappointed. Just be aware once you get your C&R your wallet will be significantly smaller and the UPS guy always looks at you a bit funny when you sign for the nice long package. ;D

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
Be aware that C&R also opens you to documentation requirements. I thought long and hard about a C&R, and decided that for me it wasn't worth it.
As always, your milage may vary...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes C&R requires you to log all purchased, acquired, and sold "C&R" eligible rifles or handguns into a bound book after you receive your license. Your collection does not have to be entered unless you get rid of a C&R eligible firearm. You also get discounts from numerous online dealers for C&R as well as modern parts. Brownell's gives you a dealer discount as well as many others. If your paranoid it's not for you but if you want deals and have the freedom of buying anything C&R eligible and having it shipped right to your door then apply and don't look back. $30 bucks for the license is a no brainer for me. My selling point was buying from the CMP and having an M1 Garand delivered right to my door, followed by 4 mosins, Swiss 1911, Swiss K31, Romanian SKS, 1895 Mauser, and so on and so on as you can tell.....

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Got mine in the group buy love it. Picked up another.
They are GTG

Use Volko for the transfer always an A+ there too

·
Registered
705 Posts
I was planning on swining by Hunter Essentials b/c alot of you guys gave Bruce some good reviews I drove past but I couldnt easily find the place.  Is there any distinguishing signs or building features so I can find my way in?  $120 seems pretty reasonable might have to pick up 2 haha.  Hows his AR selection?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lord of War said:
I was planning on swining by Hunter Essentials b/c alot of you guys gave Bruce some good reviews I drove past but I couldnt easily find the place. Is there any distinguishing signs or building features so I can find my way in? $120 seems pretty reasonable might have to pick up 2 haha. Hows his AR selection?
Good. Bruce is the best. He has a bunch of AR's there. He had Mosins when i was there like a week ago. He is always ordering them if he is out.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
[quote name='Lord of War']I was planning on swining by Hunter Essentials b/c alot of you guys gave Bruce some good reviews I drove past but I couldnt easily find the place. Is there any distinguishing signs or building features so I can find my way in? $120 seems pretty reasonable might have to pick up 2 haha. Hows his AR selection?[/quotE

You pull into the parking lot on the side. His entrance is on the side of the building.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
EDE59 said:
Get your C&R and it will be $89 plus $18 shipping, I have bought several from AIM never been disappointed. Just be aware once you get your C&R your wallet will be significantly smaller and the UPS guy always looks at you a bit funny when you sign for the nice long package. ;D
+1 - thats true - the package is coded, so they know what present you just received ;-). Just don't be pissed at us for loss of funds from wallet(C&R fact).
p.s. the Feds take a helleva quick turn-around time for FFL03 - comparable to our respective counties!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about AIM.  Picked up a Mosin from them this past February and paid the extra $10 for the best of 5.  My Mosin was super out of the box.  The stock was in really nice shape, numbers matched on the bolt and barrel (some are pieced together from various guns when the Ruskies refurbished them many years ago) and the barrel had nice rifling.  I take it to the range all the time and it shoots straight, consistent and is a blast to use............albeit those things can kick the crap out of your shoulder after a while! :X

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
Mad Russian said:
Be aware that C&R also opens you to documentation requirements. I thought long and hard about a C&R, and decided that for me it wasn't worth it.
As always, your milage may vary...
+1 Besides being required to notify your local LEO in charge where you live that you will have a C&R FFL, you are on the ATF list, and they are allowed to drop by and open your safes in your home and check your bound book. I believe they are allowed one business hours visit and are allowed one unannounced.

Like MR said, YMMV.
Some of you find those allowances no big deal and get pretty nice dealer discounts from Midway and old guns shipped to your house etc., but many of us in tin foil hat crew want no part of it.

You have to decide what works for you. Then again FEMA said everything would be just fine, and of course no one's confiscating guns in America right? ;)

BTW you can get Mosins for less at T&T when they have a sale. Last year they had rounds on sale for 95 and hex for 120. Decent selection too.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Destro said:
+1 Besides being required to notify your local LEO in charge where you live that you will have a C&R FFL, you are on the ATF list, and they are allowed to drop by and open your safes in your home and check your bound book. I believe they are allowed one business hours visit and are allowed one unannounced.

Like MR said, YMMV.
Some of you find those allowances no big deal and get pretty nice dealer discounts from Midway and old guns shipped to your house etc., but many of us in tin foil hat crew want no part of it.

You have to decide what works for you. Then again FEMA said everything would be just fine, and of course no one's confiscating guns in America right? ;)

BTW you can get Mosins for less at T&T when they have a sale. Last year they had rounds on sale for 95 and hex for 120. Decent selection too.
The last time I asked, the T&T price was without accessories/bayonet.

·
INFIDEL
7,263 Posts
Destro said:

Like MR said, YMMV.

:yepthat I cherish my 4th amendment right. NO ONE has the right to invade my home and go through my safes....:usflag

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
Lemming said:
The last time I asked, the T&T price was without accessories/bayonet.
Correct. If you want accessories you have to pay I believe 20 more but you can still get a nice round for 95 if that's all you want (or already have an extra bayo, sling, and mag pouch).

The AIM round is 89.99 + transfer fee (20+min) + shipping, but you get accessories.
The Hexs on AIM also run more like they do at T&T.
The nice thing about buying them local is you can rummage through and get your pick of the litter. Many of the stocks have very different colors, etc. I got a hex 38 Tula with a real dark walnut-like stock and matching numbers for 125 on sale. Did't care for any accessories.

Paying extra for "hand picked" on the internet is a crap shoot. The AIM deal is perfectly fine, but they *are* out there locally and you can handle them, check the bores/action etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.