Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
[sup]These are the same asshats that got the feral hogs closed to hunting in New York every other state has a kill on sight for these pervasive animals but not in the progressive state of New York we can control them with cameras and data collection till we figure out how to handle the hoards of predator till we need to call in professtoinal marksmen to cull them . Brilliant!!!!!!!!! [/sup]

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
I have one here in Sayville. I've seen him over the past 9 months or so. At first no one believed me, now everyone does. Quite a few people saw him.

Before I get asked if I am sure it wasn't a fox: I grew up around these things in 29 palms. I've seen thousands of them, plus I've hunted on three continents and have my BS in Biology and Environmental Sciences. We do have fox here as well.

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
I don't know whether it's fox or coyotes, but McArthur airport has a ton on the property.
I'm thinking its fox.
They don't look anything alike- other than the four legs. Tail, snout, gait, color, etc.... all different. Lots of fox out here.

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,287 Posts
Not that much of a brainiac, that Road Runner is still running around, beep beep!
I've seen 200 coyote for every road runner. Never saw a coyote chase a road runner either.

Coyotes really suck. Most of the ones I saw didn't look as nice as the ones in the OP. All looked like they had aids. My barracks was on the edge of 29 Palms mainside and they would hang out just outside the light. it was so creepy. Sometimes they would get brave and walk up and grab stuff. Maybe once a year a sentry would wig out and pop a few. That would get the kid charged.

The one I saw here was ratty looking.

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,948 Posts
NYS DEC - SUPER IDIOTS

they're the same ones who insisted that there were no big cats upstate either. Total BS as well. What else can jump from a median(was already running), and not touch the ground again until it's past the shoulder??

I don't care what the regs say, if I see a hog on my property, it's going down. I will just use uncle Jimbos logic from South Park - "look out, it's coming right for us! Shoot it!) LOL!

Eta - typo due to stupid phone.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
if they eat all the feral cats the songbirds will come back. but they eat the fawns too...

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,454 Posts
if they eat all the feral cats the songbirds will come back. but they eat the fawns too...
If they eat the fawns then my hostas will come back...

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Yotes will go for a cat before a fawn. No momma to defend a cat... plus thems goot eatin'!

Reactions: Mad Russian

·
Lousy Shot
16,249 Posts
[sup]These are the same asshats that got the feral hogs closed to hunting in New York every other state has a kill on sight for these pervasive animals but not in the progressive state of New York we can control them with cameras and data collection till we figure out how to handle the hoards of predator till we need to call in professtoinal marksmen to cull them . Brilliant!!!!!!!!! [/sup]
This they won't do for the children. Until there are packs of them, a few kids get eaten and then it will be too late. We had packs of wild dogs in the Belmont Lake, North Babylon area about 15 years ago. Babylon Animal Control had a helluva time getting rid of them. That was a picnic compared to a population of coyotes. With no natural or human predators they'll go crazy. If they don't stop it right away they'll be sorry. I don't want to take out my shotgun every time I let my dogs out in my own yard but I will if I have to.

I remember seeing red foxes on the Bethpage golf courses 20 years ago. I was surprised to see them so far west and they're still pretty rare but I think they're more common now. Very common on Fire Island. But foxes are shy and don't thrive very close to densely populated areas. I think coyotes will learn to become bolder over time.

Kill 'em all now, any way you can.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts