Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Sad. Growing up in Elmont, we went there on occasion. Always great food and service.

Reactions: LiDad and Blade21

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts
Long Island icon for great German food. Sad. I enjoyed many a good meal and memory there .

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many restaurants and diners have closed on L.I. because the lease expired. Now with food costs up and higher salaries for employees makes it very difficult to operate today.
I think this had more to do with changing demographics in the area and the dying off of its long time clientele.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Quality has dropped off there over the past 5 or 6 years. Not a frequent flyer there but definitely wasn't the same as it once was.
Agree with Matty. When I first got my driver's license, part of my job at Volko was to get lunch for us from there every Thursday. Beef Rib special.

Every time I've gone in the past several years to get us lunch....always a disapointment. We just kind of choke it down and cry.

Would have taken a big lift to give the place a facelift and bring it back to life as a german beer hall type place and bring in some new customers. It's also a huge space to take care of.

Ohh well. we are diminished.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's kinda sad, went there with my parents. although, as had been noted, the quality has been in decline, since it's heyday. Plattduetsche Park in Franklin Square is still bringing it, I used to eat there with my father, after the antique gun and militaria shows they had there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.