Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am in a bit of a personal dilemma. Last year around this time I was lusting over a Beretta 92FS as my second 9mm. After a successful season at work I was given a nice bonus and wouldn't you know it, I had the pistol! Since then I have put about 400 rounds through it and I have got to tell you all, it really doesn't do it for me. My father has a Glock which I have shot and I really am a fan of the feel and crisp trigger break, rather than the long soft, almost mooshy draw on a Beretta. I have gone to the range countless times since I last shot my Beretta, and it is left behind in the safe. Looking pretty. Not being fired.
So the advice needed is this:
Do I sell the Beretta privately, like here and put the money toward a Glock 19? OR Should I go in store and trade it in for a Glock 19 with whatever balance there might be?

The beretta is in awesome shape and I have Hogue grips for it as well as the originals, two 10 rnd mags and one preban 15 rnd mag. I also have a cheap little laser the connects to the trigger guard, plus a left hand BlackHawk Serpa holster.
Do Gun Shops take the other goodies as well? I've never done anything like this so I was hoping some of you might have a better take on it.
Thanks for your time.

-Paul

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
If it were me, I'd keep the Beretta for a while and dig up the scratch for the Glock. Then, decide what to do with the Beretta later on.

All too often in the past, I've sold off a gun for another gun, only to regret it later.

My $.02

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Hi Paul,

Man, wish you told me when we went to the range, I think your 92fs is great.... I already bought one or I would take it in a heartbeat!

+1 on the trigger job. I put the D spring in and it is a great improvement! Try it, it was easy to do.

·
Banned User
2,435 Posts
I already gave you my opinion on FB, but if you're really not happy with the Beretta put it for sale/trade here and get the Glock. (did I really just type that?)
And I was about to startng doubting those crazy Mayans.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If it were me, I'd keep the Beretta for a while and dig up the scratch for the Glock. Then, decide what to do with the Beretta later on.

All too often in the past, I've sold off a gun for another gun, only to regret it later.

My $.02
This!...Life doesn't always have to be one or the other...BOTH is often the answer, ESPECIALLY, with guns....obviously if not possible, then sell locally or even post up for a trade

·
Registered
681 Posts
Whatever you do, DONT trade anything to a gunshop! Theyre crooks and will take youre gun for a steal with a smile on their face! Sell it privately. ALWAYS.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I would post it in the new LIF buy/sell/trade section. Or if you really want to get the Glock I would put it under the trade section or sell section with the option of "willing to trade"

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Pauly.....get a sig
He's on a roll with this plastic gun thing.

NEVER sell a firearm back to the gun store. I've made that mistake and took a beating. They pay about 50% of resale price. Sell it here. Or hold on to it, if you can come up with the money for the Glock without selling.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
If you don't like it,sell it.Buy what you want.Not like 92's are hard to get
if by some chance in the future you miss it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I already gave you my opinion on FB, but if you're really not happy with the Beretta put it for sale/trade here and get the Glock. (did I really just type that?)
Glock lover!

Reactions: PaulyFu223

·
Condition Zero
3,124 Posts
I vote for holding onto the gun for a bit longer and investing in a trigger job. It's not crazy money and think about it, if you loved the trigger when you first shot the pistol you probably wouldn't have started this thread in the first place.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I agree that you should get a trigger job done and then decide. If that's the only drawback (you like the 3F's - fit, feel and features) I would get it "fixed".
The only question I have is where can one get a trigger job done on Long Island?
Bob Giunta (I think that's his last name) in Bohemia is highly recommended but he only works on long guns.

Dov

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
I put WQiolff springs in mine and liked it a lot better, got rid of the breakage prone trigger spring at the same time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts