Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Adobe Flash Player Replacement?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TTSkipper 
#1 ·
I have been experiencing issues with Adobe Flash that last few years. I heard Kim Komando recommending uninstalling it on the radio this morning. Apparently she confirms what I suspected - it is constantly used by hackers to introduce viruses and malware. So what ix the best replacement video software? In a quick search I see HTML5 (which I never heard of) may be the next in line. What about REAL PLAYER or others?

#3 ·
#4 ·
No hits on this? I feel like the ugly girl at the bar.

#6 ·
Adobe Flash (formerly called Macromedia Flash and Shockwave Flash) is a multimedia and software platform used for creating vector graphics, animation, browser games, rich Internet applications, desktop applications, mobile applications and mobile games. Flash displays text, vector and raster graphics to provide animations, video games and applications. It allows streaming of audio and video, and can capture mouse, keyboard, microphone and camera input. BUT http://bgr.com/2015/10/15/adobe-flash-player-security-vulnerability-warning/ and they claim they will have a fix by next week. I'm not sure what happens if you open a page that's coded to use Flash and you can run HTML5.....

#7 ·
HTML5 is the future for web based video. All web pages are based on HTML, a basic language used to describe what webpages look like. HTML5 is just the newest version which includes support for video. Any of the newer versions of the standard browsers support HTML5 already, Chrome, Firefox, and even IE. Flash unfortunately is needed for some sites, it can be a vector for viruses and malware. I don't think Realplayer even exists anymore or if it does, I can't think of any reason to use it.

If you have to use Flash, make sure that you are running the latest version.

Is there a specific site you are trying to use that requires Flash?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.