Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
You know I'm doing some thinking In all seriousness I did not have a bad experience there and I've been there twice It's not far from where my Son lives and really unless I personally have a bad time there I won't judge the place I'm thinking about going out there in another week
 

·
Zombtac Operator
Joined
·
12,183 Posts
Cool. You got a free shirt.

While others got kicked out, treated rudely, grossly overpriced, and dealt with in ways unacceptable in most businesses.

Thanks, I'll take that in regard in evaluating any new local shops I will give business to, just as I weigh the reviewed pros and cons of most products/establishments. :p

And btw it's not like we "heard about the bad times". We simply have heard reviews of member experiences. It just happens that the vast majority regarding the place happen to be bad, mainly due to the fault of the establishment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Destro said:
Cool. You got a free shirt.

While others got kicked out, treated rudely, grossly overpriced, and dealt with in ways unacceptable in most businesses.

Thanks, I'll take that in regard in evaluating any new local shops I will give business to, just as I weigh the reviewed pros and cons of most products/establishments. :p

And btw it's not like we "heard about the bad times". We simply have heard reviews of member experiences. It just happens that the vast majority regarding the place happen to be bad, mainly due to the fault of the establishment.
Was that positive??
This is the positive thread :)
I have also shot there a few hundred times besides getting the snazzy free shirt.And believe it or not,I had good times while doing so.I have only bought one gun there.
With that I got a six month range membership.Cost $6 for an hour.Can't beat that around here. :)
Now thats positve
There are 2 other stores I like,South Shore Sportsman(+1) and Chesters(his mom is a sweatheart) but I never bought anything there.Just treated very well.
:angel
 

·
Gun guru (poseur)
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
Let's see:

1) I haven't been thrown out, yet.
2) They're conveniently located, open all week.
3) You needn't worry about showing up to find that LEOs have taken over the place
4) If you bring your own non-magnetic ammo, and they're in a good mood, you don't have to buy ammo that costs 80% more than in quality gun shops. Unless you're shooting a shotgun
5) Powered target carriers
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
24,899 Posts
artburg said:
Was that positive??
This is the positive thread :)
I have also shot there a few hundred times besides getting the snazzy free shirt.And believe it or not,I had good times while doing so.I have only bought one gun there.
With that I got a six month range membership.Cost $6 for an hour.Can't beat that around here. :)
Now thats positve
There are 2 other stores I like,South Shore Sportsman(+1) and Chesters(his mom is a sweatheart) but I never bought anything there.Just treated very well.
:angel
Mitchel is $7/hr for us Nassau people... Place is clean, nicely lit, the counter people are always friendly, don't need a membership, and don't have to buy a gun there
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FULL METAL JACKET said:
Mitchel is $7/hr for us Nassau people... Place is clean, nicely lit, the counter people are always friendly, don't need a membership, and don't have to buy a gun there
If your in Nassau,it's a hike for me plus no parkway in my truck...plus 2 times I did go after calling they were closed when I got there. :-/
I don't remember saying Mitchel was'nt a good deal did I?
Lisc is clean enough(,not a operating room,it's a place to shoot guns).Seems well lit to me(i posted a picture last week I add it again),you don't need a membership,$11 without(whats Mitchel for non-resident,$20??) and you don't need to buy a gun at LISC,(but you can if you want to,mitchel sell guns there??)
Thanks for you positive post!! Lets keep them rolling in now shall we :)

P.S. target holders at Lisc are electric,do you still have to crank them at Mitchel??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
Like I said I prefer Nassau, but I'll give LISC the benefit of the doubt I used senior card in either place $5.00 in Mitchell and $10 in LISC The only thing with Mitchell I call ahead to make sure I can shoot there that day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
:deadhorse:deadhorse think were done now how many more times can we say they are nasty, grumpy, mean, over priced and spy on this site..... Hi guys
 

·
Zombtac Operator
Joined
·
12,183 Posts
artburg said:
Was that positive??
This is the positive thread :)
I have also shot there a few hundred times besides getting the snazzy free shirt.And believe it or not,I had good times while doing so.I have only bought one gun there.
With that I got a six month range membership.Cost $6 for an hour.Can't beat that around here. :)
Now thats positve
There are 2 other stores I like,South Shore Sportsman(+1) and Chesters(his mom is a sweatheart) but I never bought anything there.Just treated very well.
:angel
Just pointing out your "we all heard the bad times" misnomer. We've heard what people say. If the vast majority of it, is bad, then it's bad.

OK, I'll play.

LISC. I positively won't step foot there based on everything I've heard. :)

I also hear the air is free. For now. :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dastorm said:
:deadhorse:deadhorse think were done now how many more times can we say they are nasty, grumpy, mean, over priced and spy on this site..... Hi guys
I missed the positive here,where is it?? ;D
Please post this on the negative Lisc thread please. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top