Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After unloading three of my .32 acp's in partial trade for a M&P AR, I started wondering why I was keeping the last .32, a chromed FN Browning 1922.

I couldn't find a reason...so yesterday I hikes meself down to my LGS, look in the case, and there was a new looking Astra A-70 among a bunch of other stuff.

So back to the interwebs last night and I do some research on it and the other stuff and it gets rather good reviews for just about everything, except its no longer in production, and Astra (like Star and Llama) is kaput.

Back to the LGS today and we do a trade....the .32 for the Astra.

It's the perfect size for pocket carry; it's supposed to shoot well (range report if I can get there today); the trigger breaks cleanly at 5 lbs with no overtravel; it's clean and fits really nice. Only one mag and I forgot the hard case (damn! no I gotta go back).

Here's the before and after my trip to the gun store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!!! I like the look of the Astra much better.

What caliber?
9mm.

Got to the range for an hour (it's nice living 15 min. from an indoor range).

No problems with feeding or ejection but I was shooting Remington 115 gr. ball. Everything worked just as it should.

Was also shooting my S&W 908, it's about the same size. The Astra had a bit more recoil or maybe it was just the hard plastic grips versus the rubber Pachmyrs on my Smith. Triggers on both were about the same (5 lbs) but I'm a lot more used to the Smith than the Astra.

My Smith carries nicely in a Galco IWB suede-out holster and what I like about the Astra is that it carries nicely in a DeSantis 02 pocket holster.

Here are my two Astra targets. The plain paper was the first shots from the gun. The shoot n see was the second go-round (the other holes in the background of that target were from another round). Both at about 10 yards. I shot the second string with golf gloves, errrr shooting gloves, and it was a lot more comfortable or I was just getting used to the gun.

If anyone is looking for a concealable, carry-size, all steel, 8 round, single action pistol (yeah, me and about three other guys in the whole universe would look for something like that) this is a good gun and good value. I'd say they seem underpriced, especially in stores (everybody thinks they got a million-dollar gun on the interntets).

Attachments

Reactions: Yanke1624
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.