Long Island Shooters Forum banner

A call for tougher laws on scissors

845 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  DanHS 
#1 ·
Because when a gun related tragedy happens, out trots Carolyn McCarthy to whine about guns, but you won't see her whining about the widespread availability of abortion and what that can lead to anytime soon. Will you? Or will Rosie O'Donnell be making any bold statements about us needing a nationwide ban on abortion, constitution be damned? Nah, guns are the problem. Just look what this guy did without one.

Doctor accused of killing seven babies with scissors after they were born alive in 'House of Horrors' abortion clinic

By David Gardner
Last updated at 9:41 AM on 20th January 2011

A doctor has been accused of snapping the spinal cords of seven newborn babies with a pair of scissors in a 'House of Horrors' abortion clinic.

Philadelphia doctor Kermit Gosnell allegedly carried out the 'barbaric' killings with the help of nine employees - one of them a 15- year-old high school student who was encouraged to perform operations and administer anaesthesia.

Prosecutors claim the babies were murdered after they were born alive in illegal botched late-term abortions during the sixth, seventh or eighth months of pregnancy.

Gosnell, 69, was charged with murdering the babies and a 41-year-old mother who died after being accidentally overdosed with anaesthetics.

Authorities suspect the physician may have killed hundreds of babies during the course of his 30-year practice. He made $1.8million in one year alone performing the procedures.
He allegedly treated mainly poor and immigrant women who could not get the abortions anywhere else.

Officials said the 'disgusting, squalid, horrifying' clinic - called the Women's Medical Society - was more like a 'House of Horrors.'

'There were bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building,' said Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams.

He continued: 'I am aware that abortion is a hot-button topic.
'But as district attorney, my job is to carry out the law. A doctor who knowingly and systematically mistreats female patients, to the point that one of them dies in his so-called care, commits murder under the law.

'A doctor who cuts into the necks severing the spinal cords of living, breathing babies, who would survive with proper medical attention, is committing murder under the law,' he added.

Mr Williams alleged Gosnell would induce labour in his patients and the babies would be born 'squirming and crying' before having their spines cut.

Some of the filthy operation rooms had litter boxes and animals present at the times of the operations, according to court documents.

Police only discovered the clinic's gruesome secret after launching a probe into allegations that the doctor provided prescription drugs in an illegal 'pill mill'.

All of the suspects are behind bars following police swoops last night.

Gosnell, a family practitioner who was not a qualified OB/GYN, has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, but Mr Williams said state regulators ignored complaints about his clinic and that the office hadn't been inspected since 1993.
No action was taken even after patient Karnamaya Mongar died during what was supposed to be a routine operation in November, 2009.

During a search of the doctors home, investigators said they discovered $240,000 in cash.

Gosnell has been named in at least 10 malpractice suits, including one over the death of Miss Mongar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348632/Philadelphia-abortion-doctor-Dr-Kermit-Gosnell-facing-counts-murder.html?ITO=1490

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey. I don't care if you're Pro-Life or Pro-Choice. This monster has to turn the stomach of every reasonable adult.

What this Son-of-a-bit... did to these babies was unconscionable.

I'm confident that there is a seat in hell just for him and it's being kept warm as we speak.

#7 ·
Unconscionable

#8 ·
I seriously feel sick right now. This should be front page on the news for the next two weeks. Forget about the occasional madman a couple times a decade using a 30 round mag, how about a 'doctor' who makes a fortune killing babies? Don't want to have kids or can't care for them? Don't get pregnant. Give them up for adoption, do something, but don't kill. I hope he gets to sit in solitary confinement the rest of his life, that would probably be the best torture possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.