1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Temp. self-imposed ban.
4,410 Posts
The class is not just simply informative. Combining legal implication with realistic scenarios at the very least will make you think your steps and actions before you take them. We, as everyday citizens can have enormous fun training to storm a terrorist hideout, or busting a meth factory. I would, for sure, enjoy a course like that with an Army Ranger or a SWAT officer. However, it would not be applicable in real life for me. Chris's course designed to teach how to emerge alive in a home invasion, or rubbery, or SHTF context when you must protect your family and yourself. Practical applicable defense with skills that easy to learn but not so easy to master. In my case, I will not just punch holes in the paper anymore. I was just shown how to practice effectively. Loved the class, highly recommend it.
Instructions are giving in very professional manner with enough crew on site to help. Amazing organization and execution.

Thank you Chris and crew. Thank you FMJ for telling me about the course.

·
Sharp Shooter!
455 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the kind words.

It was great meeting and shooting with you both, I look forward to the next time.

Everyone did a great job and we had a productive, safe day at the range in good weather. Not a bad way to spend the weekend!

Chris

·
Registered
906 Posts
Amen. What an incredible weekend. I don't mind admitting that after taking both classes I am tired and pretty sore this morning. But what an experience. Learned so much, planning to sign up for the Carbine class again in November. Thanks again Chris, it was an amazing class!

I got to meet a couple of LIF guys there and they were great to shoot with. See you guys again next time.

Nick

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
God, if I didn't have three kids that play travel baseball, soccer and softball............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agreed!! Even with ripping my jeans (my fault since I am quickly 'outgrowing' all of mine) the class was awesome! Chris is a great and patient instructor. I highly recommend - great instruction, very useful knowledge, and yet not at all intimidating for the beginners. A+

-Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amen. What an incredible weekend. I don't mind admitting that after taking both classes I am tired and pretty sore this morning. But what an experience. Learned so much, planning to sign up for the Carbine class again in November. Thanks again Chris, it was an amazing class!

I got to meet a couple of LIF guys there and they were great to shoot with. See you guys again next time.

Nick
Good to meet you too, Nick.....hope you made use of that brass.

·
Avoiding the ban hammer!
17,533 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Don't know if I'll do the carbine class with my 6.8spc($$$) but interested in the shotgun one. What kind of rounds and how many rounds?

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Don't know if I'll do the carbine class with my 6.8spc($$$) but interested in the shotgun one. What kind of rounds and how many rounds?
They said they went through over 300 rounds of mixed buck and birdshot. I'm definitely going to take the shotgun class next time and I'd do 1+2 again for sure. You'd love it Mike... Went through around 400+ rounds, so you'd be in for money with that upper.

I particularly like the malfunction drill... Very challenging.

Great meeting both of you's Nick and Joe...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I took the shotgun course on saturday - what an awesome experience. We had a great time, did a ton of shooting, and learned a lot about the weapon and how to use it effectively. Highly recommend the class to anyone looking for shotgun training. Thanks again, Chris.

Steve

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
great shooting with all you guys over the weekend! I look forward to the next set of carbine classes next month.

heartless,

I'd say in the shotgun course we did about 250 rounds of birdshot, 50-75 round of buck, and about 10-15 slugs.

See you guys next time, we'll see if I bring the tuna out again haha

-Rob

Reactions: JWCL

·
Registered
413 Posts
Any need to bring pistols for the carbine class? Will it be too cold for the carbine class in Nov?

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any need to bring pistols for the carbine class? Will it be too cold for the carbine class in Nov?
No need for pistols in the1+2 class... Although everyone with a pistol license had one on them... Carbine 3+4 has transition to pistol in the course.

Dress warm if its cold out, it's outside all day.

You won't regret these classes

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone reads this please message me or reply here with what aimpoints you guys were running yesterday please. I'm planning my next build and want to go light and small. Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts