Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was in the market for a 20 gauge, wound up purchasing a mossberg 500 :)

I went to another gun shop before arriving at bensons, this gun shop will remain nameless. I was not pleased with there selection or the prices. The shop didn't have a lot of customers. In-fact just one, and he seemed to be breathing down my neck! really not a comfortable atmosphere.

On my way home i figured why not shop somewhere new? ive never been to bensons before...

1.Nice parking, big facilities, best part was the gun selection!!!
a lot of customers and sale clerks. I can have a conversation with one of the sales clerk about a certain gun and not have another client there keying in on my conversation.

2.prices were better there then the other shop i went too!!!

3.I talked to sally ( i believe her name was??? dont remember) she was very kind and helpful. I notice i have habbit while filling out the form to change my mind on what gun i want lol when i ask if i can get "that other gun instead of this one" usually the sales clerks at other gun shops would give me a face and the whole "oh man now i gotta go get that box" eye roll, nope not here. I felt like the whole overall experience was great =]

4. very satisfied customer here, i will definitely shop here more often.

·
ummm do what now
1,056 Posts
HAVE BEEN THERE A COUPLE TIMES HELPFUL STAFF AND GOOD SELECTION PLANNED ON GETTING MY NEXT RIFLE THERE TO SUPPORT LOCAL SHOPS. YA KNOW SPREAD THE LOCAL LOVE LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely, this was my first time shopping here. Ive drove past it a couple of times heading to Walmart. I must say overall I am very impressed. Definitely will be heading back

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bensons has always been friendly and fair to me as well. They're are shops that are closer to me... But I would rather drive a little farther, and spend my money with people who do not hesitate to go out of their way for the customer!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just went back to exchange the 20 gauge with a 12.

Once again customer service was top notch.

Had no problem with exchanging the 20 gauge
1- because i had the reciept
2- gun wasn't fired
3- i knew which one i wanted

on my previous post i said i filled out the form for a certain shotgun and i changed my mind?
well it was either the 20 or the 12. Went home with the 20. Gave it some more thought.
the next day called to see if they can exhange, they said yes as long as the gun hasn't been fired
and i had the receipt.

Once agian, very friendly staff, helped me out and i went home with this bad boy =] i am very pleased

and very happy with my purchase

PS: they had about 4 of these mossy 500's with the heat shield left =]

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BillyBonds said:
I have the same shotgun but in a turkey variant. Good luck with her.
thank you :)

cMc214 said:
Bensons to me is always great for customer service and fair on prices. Overall I give them a +1

FFL Policy :annoyed
yes i cant agree with you more ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.