Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Browning Hi Power back from the smith. It's 10,000% improved from when I got it.

It was CDI import in semi rough shape. Grips were ragged and falling apart, trigger not so great, mag safety still in place, hammer was biting and lots and lots of hard wear...but no rust or pitting and bore in great shape.

Soooo.......had hammer bobbed back, took mag safety out, trigger job brought it down to 3 1/2 crisp pounds, new Pach grips, and Durocoat black. It's sweet. A little florescent paint did wonders for the sights...and I'm thinking about a set of VZ Pro Slim grips in black cherry.

I'll never get the money I invested in this out of it (I don't think) but I've got a damn-near perfect pistol. Range report and targets this evening if I can get to the range today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops...here's the other two pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Awesome. Probably my 3rd favorite pistol after the HK P7 and 1911.

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Very sweet .... Keep on keeping on!

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
I alway wanted a hi power and it's the only gun I want in high gross blue. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back from the range and it ran flawlessly on 115 gr. ball (but then doesn't everything?).

Here's the targets. First is first ten shots (at five yards). Then second 25 (about 10 yds) then third 25 (at ten yards).

Trigger is a dream, sights are what the are, small but servicable.

(I looked into putting hi vis or night sights on but my gunsmith refused to mill the slide either front or rear....said gun was too good noe and he wasn't going to screw it up. He's that kind of guy...he also refused to make a sporter out of my son's Swedish model 38...said it was too good as military history and there was plenty of good sporting rifles out there but not many Swedes as nice as my son's -- my gift to my son a few years ago -- and if he wanted a deer rifle he'd build him one).

Only flaw was on ejection. Seems it throws the brass straight back and into my head, or face, or twice down my shirt and tee shirt. Man that brass is HOT...guys at the range got quite a kick at my language and the little dance I did trying to get too it. I had to button the top button of my shirt to keep the suff out. On my last mag I found myself flinching anticipating the brass bonking me in the forehead. Gotta see about that next time I shoot it.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.