Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning

The systems are down here at work so I thought I'd take this time to post my wish-list for my new 870. It's a standard express model with the laminate stock and a 28 in vent rib barrel.

I really want to get the Magpul furniture for it in FDE, and possibly do a DIY camo job with a few rattle cans.

Remington gold trigger because ... Why not?!

Maybe some xs sights or something similar (if anyone knows of a way to mount ghost ring sights to the barrel and not receiver please lmk!)

Eventually I'll have an 18in barrel for hd use, until then the 28 will be fine for trap and hunting. If anyone recommends any choke tubes please let me know and please state what you've used them for!

Don't have much of a use for extended tube or shell carrier right now but maybe in the future

If anyone has any other suggestions please post below!

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
Check this site out:

http://www.rem870.com/

Have fun!
Some good info there but the site is run by a fanboy who likes to trash other shottys. He's somewhat knowledgeable but biased and not a very good writer.

JMO

I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Magpul. Most of their stuff is intended for tactical shotguns but it sounds like you want to "tac-ify" your 28" vent rib.

This seems cool addition:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030VD526/

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
i would really like to get a 870 and put a magpul stock on it one day. but do not use the 870 i already have enough to justify getting another. one thing i would ad to the wish list is a chrome bolt, looks nice and clean with it. the black bolt i have on my 870 has worn paint and makes it look old

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,284 Posts
I had a couple t and e sets of magpul furniture for the 870. I gave it away. The only advantage of it is the orientation of your wrist at a low ready or can ready position. I think the speed feed le short stock is hard to beat. It is similar money.

You can cut that bbl to like 18.5" and put a fiber optic front on it. That's what I run for three gun. Just know your point of impact for slugs.

Wilson combat used to make a ghost ring front that went on a vent but they discontinued it. Hans vang will install a front but it will cost you more then the gun.

You should really buy another barrel and get a set or trak lock sights. You can pull the rear when you use the vent rib.

I like the 4 shot side saddles with the serial number window. I hate the aluminum ones. I have a pile in a bucket. I thought they were a good idea once.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blammo not necessarily tacti-cool, just more personalized, and I think the black receiver, barrels with the FDE furniture and gold trigger would look dope!

Haven't really "personalized" any of my guns so far so thought that would be a good start. Cheap and effective.

And the side saddle is nice especially since you can mount an optic to it. Hmm might have to look at that one too

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I keep my 870 pretty simple. KISS simple. I replaced the barrel with a Police 18.5" with the rifle sights. For close in work one doesn't even need a bead, rifle sights or even a ghost ring, sighting down the barrel length is good enough for across room range. IMO.
I did replace the worn wood furniture with a Knoxx Compstsck and Houge foregrip. With the Knoxx I can shoot heavy 3" loads and slugs long after others are crying no- mas rubbing their shoulders. The only thing else I added was a Wilson 2 shot extension. It's dope for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.