17,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
#1 Grade A Super Stud
1,284 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
From the specs this would be good to go. If it was a self cycling single shot i wouldnt trust the buffer tower on a standard aluminum lower, but being a manually operated bolt all of the recoil forces are actually contained in the (steel) upper. The stories from poly lowers shearing at the tower are due to the force of the carrier slamming rearward, with all of that force being transferred to the buffer and spring, which is held in place by the tower. With a manually operated bolt,the furthest that recoil makes it is the bolt itself. I'm not the best at articulating this stuff, but look at it like this. If you are holding a ball in your hand, and i smack the ball, it'll get knocked loose. If i punch you in your shoulder, it won't.

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
my ar 50 has less felt recoil then my Thompson in 308
its all about the muzzle brake
Shooting is supposed to be fun. That guy doesn't really look like he's having fun. He calls the recoil "manageable" but it looks like he's being punished.

Well, at least if it's a horrible gun to shoot, you'll save on the ammo too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.