Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes! We spend so much time teaching folks to be safe, and then this.

GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- A 4-year-old boy shot his mother with a shotgun Monday afternoon, Kitsap County sheriff's deputies told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

Police and medics were called to a house in the 10400 block of Glenwood Road in Gig Harbor after a report that the woman's 4-year-old son shot her.

Kitsap County sheriff's Deputy Scott Wilson said the boy loaded a shotgun cartridge into a 12-gauge semi-automatic shotgun and pulled the trigger.

The woman sustained injuries from birdshot shells, shot from the shotgun, on her left side.

The woman's boyfriend was not home at the time of the shooting, but arrived soon thereafter.

He told police that he gave the boy a cartridge earlier Monday so the boy could handle it.

More at:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/25508832/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Really ???

A 4 year old loads a shell into the chamber, and figures out how to slide the bolt closed. Then shoots mom before she can stop him ??

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. But I guess that only time will tell.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
T.Webb said:
Really ???

A 4 year old loads a shell into the chamber, and figures out how to slide the bolt closed. Then shoots mom before she can stop him ??

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. But I guess that only time will tell.
I'm not buying it either. That kid would have to be one hell of a sophisticated 4 year old.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
I'm betting the boyfriend was home at the time, and being stupid !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.