Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sort of a strange question. I took my 4 yr. old son to the cradle of aviation museum today. The gentleman guide who was talking to us about some of the fighter jets took us over to the A-10 Warthog. While he was talking about how the entire plane was built around the 30mm machine gun, he reached into one of the loading bays and pulled out a 30mm round. My son loved it! (So did I BTW) He thought it was so cool how those were used to destroy bad guy tanks.
So being a good dad, I started searching for an inert 30mm round to get him. They are pretty hard to find. I found one on Amazon for $50 with a milled aluminum head that looks pretty nice, but the casing is black, and not real authentic looking.
Are there any of these available locally? I know it's a long shot but I figured I'd ask. You guys seem to come up with everything. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
I thought they were made of depleated uranium.........makes big holes in Hodges. .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.