Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Finally finished my ar-10 build.

Aero precision upper and lower, criterion bull barrel 20", magpul prs stock, threw my national match trigger in there as well. I will be swapping my mark 4 between these rifles until later in the year.. I am planning on buying a lower powered one and putting it on the ar.

I ordered the RPR from my local gun shop, he got one in that was reserved for someone else but he never paid for it and when he did not answer the shops calls or emails, they decided to offload it to
Me. Got the RPR for 1082.00 out the door. I did not plan on getting this rifle until later in the year and I figure it was a good deal as they are selling out extremely quick for 1250$+

If a mod could unmcfly the pic it would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Powderfinger
2,478 Posts
Very nice rifles. I'm looking to get the RPR in 243 . Enjoy !

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
OH MY GOD....THAT...RIFLE ....THAT RIFLE ..... HAS ... A... I am so scared....THAT RIFLE ....HAS ... Lord protect me.....THAT RIFLE HAS A.......PISTOL GRIP !!! Call the police. Call Troop L......Call Senator Skelos....oh yeah he is going to jail....Call Chuck Smuck the US Senator !! Oh ..the children ...think of the children..... How can you live with yourself owning ...even touching such a thing ???

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gonna hit the range with it today.. I already do not like the rail on it. I need to find covers for it or something.

·
Retired
1,899 Posts
Looks great, enjoy and have lots of fun with it.

·
Lousy Shot
16,248 Posts
I hear almost nothing but good about the RPR, especially the price. Looks like Ruger has hit another home run on value.

How does the cost of building your AR-10 compare? I'll bet it was quite a bit more. (not including scope)

I just don't like the stock on the RPR. Looks like something from the game "Mousetrap". I like the Magpul much better. Not cheap, though.

Good luck. Looking forward to the range report.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear almost nothing but good about the RPR, especially the price. Looks like Ruger has hit another home run on value.

How does the cost of building your AR-10 compare? I'll bet it was quite a bit more. (not including scope)

I just don't like the stock on the RPR. Looks like something from the game "Mousetrap". I like the Magpul much better. Not cheap, though.

Good luck. Looking forward to the range report.
The ar was a little more than 1500 believe, I purchased the parts over a couple of months... I think I may buy another PRS to go on it if I am not a fan of the stock.. The prs would also weigh it down a bit more.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Those are very nice rifles, I have been looking into getting one but for me when they are so popular that they are hard to get, I lose interest, with that said, If I walk into any store and they have one, I will be buying it. Good luck with it and have fun

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
OH MY GOD....THAT...RIFLE ....THAT RIFLE ..... HAS ... A... I am so scared....THAT RIFLE ....HAS ... Lord protect me.....THAT RIFLE HAS A.......PISTOL GRIP !!! Call the police. Call Troop L......Call Senator Skelos....oh yeah he is going to jail....Call Chuck Smuck the US Senator !! Oh ..the children ...think of the children..... How can you live with yourself owning ...even touching such a thing ???
Yeah, the thing is pistol grips and muzzle brakes don't scare anyone between the east and west coasts. How strange...

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are very nice rifles, I have been looking into getting one but for me when they are so popular that they are hard to get, I lose interest, with that said, If I walk into any store and they have one, I will be buying it. Good luck with it and have fun
Your best bet is gun broker or put a deposit down at the gunshop

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Your best bet is gun broker or put a deposit down at the gunshop
Nah, I will wait, One day when I least expect it, usually when bills are due, Ill walk into a shop to get i dont know say snap caps and there it will be, thats the day I will buy it LOL it has to be little effort now for me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts