Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reload 30-30 win for a single shot break action rifle only. No lever actions (yet). Can i use 150 gr FMJ-BT 308 bullets to load the 30-30's since i dont have to worry about the bullet on primer contact in a mag tube?

-Dave

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
The ogive on regular bullets is different from the ones made for 30-30. I found out the hard way when seated some for my 308. The head got jammed in the chamber when I closed the bolt. When I extracted the case the head stayed and powder spilled all over the action.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
See if you can pm Winston. He's a good guy and a member, and reloads, too. ( hope I ain't outing someone )

·
Banned
5,971 Posts
The ogive on regular bullets is different from the ones made for 30-30. I found out the hard way when seated some for my 308. The head got jammed in the chamber when I closed the bolt. When I extracted the case the head stayed and powder spilled all over the action.
. ^^^ this. Your going to need a Hormady COL gauge and a 30-30 modified case to get the seating depth to the lands then subtract .010 to .030 inches for your COL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.