Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/06/06/3-nj-women-arrested-for-stealing-pawning-brass-makers-from-veterans-graves/

CINNAMINSON, N.J. (CBS) - Three New Jersey women are behind bars for a crime that is becoming more and more common, according to police. Authorities say they stole brass markers from the graves of veterans at local cemeteries, and sold the stolen markers to a scrap yard.

Authorities tell Eyewitness News the suspects needed drug money.

"You need money that bad, you have to start desecrating a grave?" said Sgt. Bill Covert with the Cinnaminson Police Department.

Covert, who's a veteran himself, said that he was floored to learn that someone would sink that low.

-------------------------------------------------------

WTF is wrong with people?! Between this and the recent upswing of people stealing train tracks for scrap metal I have no idea what this world is coming to

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
I am very disappointed with the headline! I would much rather it read: "Three men shot for stealing veterans grave markers. Out of three hundred veterans present, no one saw a thing, and no charges were filed. Police baffled."

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
We just had a local story where a Viet Vet puts a pair of books and helmet out every Memorial Day as a tribute to his Sgt that was killed in action. This year they were stolen. The article was run in the paper and a reader found one boot and helmet on the side of the road and they were returned. One boot is still MIA.

Some people are a disgrace.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Well I got a plea deal for them 4 year probation and an job with benafit and travel. OH and to sweetenthe deal they get to shoot all kinds of guns. have them fill out this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts