Long Island Shooters Forum banner

SCPD Pistol License Timeline

97K views 606 replies 88 participants last post by  Pixel27 
#1 ·
Hey guys, since we don't have one yet I figured I'd start a 2020 timeline for the pistol license. Dropped off my application in April waiting patiently for the call for an interview. Anyone else apply this year so far?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Pistol Licensing Fees

Fees

Application Fee

$10.00 (Waived for retiring Peace Officers and Police Officers)

Renewal Fee

$10.00 (Waived for retired Peace Officers and Police Officers)

Auxiliary PO Renewal Fee

$3.00

Amendment Fee

$5.00 (Per Amendment)

Fingerprint Fee

$88.25 (Money Order ONLY)

#8 ·
There should be some reasonable limits on the fees they are allowed to charge for applications. Suffolk is so much more reasonable than Nassau. So much so, you would think they were in different parts of the country.
I agree, however I'm more personally concerned about this entire license process. It moves way to slow and it seems there is no accountability whatsoever held by SCPD in processing applications nor can you even track the status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
True. I'm glad I got mine a long long time ago (in Nassau). I really don't know how they get away with the process as it is. I get they really want to discourage people and make it hard, but it's seriously B.S. the way they do it. I wonder if it's this bad in upstate counties?

#13 ·
Hey guys, since we don't have one yet I figured I'd start a 2020 timeline for the pistol license. Dropped off my application in April waiting patiently for the call for an interview. Anyone else apply this year so far?

I handed mine in back in March. Still haven't heard anything. I do know that they close for some time due to covid. Not sure how badly that will affect our time frame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Just so you guys know. I Just got back from my interview everything seemed to go smooth. He went over the application took pictures and finger prints made copy's of the items they asked me to bring. Then went over what else is needed to complete the process. Which is a signature from all four of your references. And 2 of them need to sign and notarize character reference form. He also said I should hear back in the next 2 to 3 months.

He did go on to say I got my application in just in time. (First week of March) Since as of the last few months they been getting over 500 applications per month. Yikes.

#22 ·
Hmm, I submitted Feb 14th...hopefully I get the call soon. You guys have your first purchases picked out?
Made a list who knows if any of these will be available since inventory looks dry everywhere.

My first pistol

DOUBLE/SINGLE ACTION
-Beretta M9 Series
-CZ SHADOW 2
⁃ HK P30l Lem trigger

STRIKER FIRE
-SIG M17
-HK VP9
-Canik tp9sfx

#24 ·
Quick update, went in - got my mugshots taken. Told to wait in the lobby- went in gave all of my supporting documentation and money order. One of the PO's fingerprinted me. Sat down with my individual investigator. Discussed the character references however I had all 4 submit notarized forms submitted with my Suffolk Application; so he said I was all good with the character reference. Had to initial and sign a few things on the NYS application, just need to get my references to sign the NYS application and send back the completed form to yaphank. Hopefully I'll recieve it back in less than 6 months.