Long Island Shooters Forum banner
381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you for your very in dept answer. It makes a lot of sense. We'll see what happens the next couple of days/weeks. I'll keep you posted.
Update: that buddy of mine that I mentioned just had his interview. You've GOT to be SO close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Applied in 7/2020. Called for interview 6/2021.

Had references ready at interview. Was told 4-6 months for approval/denial letter.

Been about 6.5 months since interview and haven’t heard anything.

Anyone else experience a similar timeline?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Applied in 7/2020. Called for interview 6/2021.

Had references ready at interview. Was told 4-6 months for approval/denial letter.

Been about 6.5 months since interview and haven’t heard anything.

Anyone else experience a similar timeline?
Give your investigator a call and ask for an update, it’s the best thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Give your investigator a call and ask for an update, it’s the best thing to do.

I called on Thursday, spoke to my investigator, who advised me that the application was approved, and had been mailed out earlier this week. Just received it today. Just shy of 19 months from the application date.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
I called on Thursday, spoke to my investigator, who advised me that the application was approved, and had been mailed out earlier this week. Just received it today. Just shy of 19 months from the application date.
Great news, congrats and welcome to the club. Just promise me for your first pistol, you buy something other than a Glock.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Thanks! That’s at the bottom of my list lol!
Just a heads up, Benson Gun Shop has high prices, I’d avoid them. Also if you have the funds I’d get 2 guns in 1 shot to avoid multiple trips down to headquarters. What are you looking to get first?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a heads up, Benson Gun Shop has high prices, I’d avoid them. Also if you have the funds I’d get 2 guns in 1 shot to avoid multiple trips down to headquarters. What are you looking to get first?

Any place you would recommend?

Primarily looking for a ww2 era m1911.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
Any place you would recommend?

Primarily looking for a ww2 era m1911.
I’ve been to almost all of the guns shops on Long Island, Coliseum Guns in Nassau has one of the largest inventory’s. I think you’re going to have a hard time finding a WW2 era 1911, I’m not to sure. I’d check out Dark Storm in Oakdale since it’s only 15 mins away from SCPD HQ. They have modern 1911s in stock right now as well as many other guns in stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have a few leads on the 1911. Probably coming from out of state. I didn’t want to spend too much time looking until I had the license in hand. I’d like to find a good shop to build a relationship with. Karps is close by, and I like them for home brew gear. Any experience with them?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 ·
Thanks for the input. I have a few leads on the 1911. Probably coming from out of state. I didn’t want to spend too much time looking until I had the license in hand. I’d like to find a good shop to build a relationship with. Karps is close by, and I like them for home brew gear. Any experience with them?
I have been there and they had a very small selection, I wouldn’t waste my time honestly.

381 - 391 of 391 Posts