Long Island Shooters Forum banner
321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #323 ·
Just added a gun to my license and there were a bunch of people coming in for interviews today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
My old man just got a phone call last week, going tomorrow 9/15 for his interview. Took almost exactly 1 year to the date to get the phone call.
Damn, yeah my friend applied like august 20th 2020 and got called august 17th 2021 so just under a year I guess that's how long it takes now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, SCPD cashed my $10 money order on 10/2/20, so hopefully I'm only a couple of weeks away from my phone call! 🤞

·
Registered
33 Posts
you should get called soon, my friend applied August 20th 2020 and they called him on the Aug 17th 2021 to interview
@Notsmg and @C120 ; the dates you mention are for SCPD in Yaphank, or for the Sheriff's Dept in Riverhead?

Reason I'm asking is that I emailed SCPD yesterday, and their response was they are still processing July 2020 applications. But, that is what they've been saying since March 2021. I asked for a status update in March, July, and yesterday. All three times I was told they are processing July. Seems a little fishy to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Notsmg and @C120 ; the dates you mention are for SCPD in Yaphank, or for the Sheriff's Dept in Riverhead?

Reason I'm asking is that I emailed SCPD yesterday, and their response was they are still processing July 2020 applications. But, that is what they've been saying since March 2021. I asked for a status update in March, July, and yesterday. All three times I was told they are processing July. Seems a little fishy to me.
Scpd

·
Registered
8 Posts

So I think they are saying July so that people don't pester them, another possiblity is that maybe one of the few investigators is truly behind and still working on July while other investigators past July already

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·

Why don’t you call your investigator and ask what they are up too? Doesn’t hurt to ask for an update. I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I think they are saying July so that people don't pester them, another possiblity is that maybe one of the few investigators is truly behind and still working on July while other investigators past July already
Just went in for an August application. Looks like a 12-13 month wait time.

321 - 334 of 334 Posts