Long Island Shooters Forum banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if it will help anyone or not, but I just called my investigator today and he's currently working on November 2020 PPB 3 applications. I put mine in in December, so he told me about 30 days or so before the spouse call/approval.

Just for reference, here's my full timeline:

Submitted SCPD Questionnaire: 7/10/2020
Called for interview: 12/3/2020
Interview: 12/9/2020
Submitted NYS PPB 3 Application: 12/16/2020
Wife called:
Approved:
Permit in hand:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My timeline

Submitted 4-14-2020
Check cashed 4-22-2020
Called 8-31-20 for an interview on 9-2-20
Submitted NYS Application 9-3-20
Girlfriend received phone call of approval 3-18-21
Received License 3-27-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
woo hoo! Wife got the call this morning! She told me the investigator said I'll "receive a correspondence within 30 days". I've never seen any of you describe the call that way. It seems most are told about the approval and receive their license in 7-10 days.

Wife called: 4/27/2021
Approved: 4/27/2021
Permit in hand: ???

·
Registered
21 Posts
you could call them, they will tell you if your approved or not

woo hoo! Wife got the call this morning! She told me the investigator said I'll "receive a correspondence within 30 days". I've never seen any of you describe the call that way. It seems most are told about the approval and receive their license in 7-10 days.

Permit in hand: ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone who submitted their questionnaire after August 1st been contacted for their interview yet?

Seems like there was a point that SCPD PLB stopped scheduling interviews. I'd like to know if/when they plan on processing questionnaires again.

Congrats to all of you who have had your licenses approved and processed!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Has anyone who submitted their questionnaire after August 1st been contacted for their interview yet?

Seems like there was a point that SCPD PLB stopped scheduling interviews. I'd like to know if/when they plan on processing questionnaires again.

Seems like somewhere in July they stopped and depending on where each investigator was at some are behind more then others.

They started doing interviews again but from what I heard each investigator is only doing 1 interview a day "do to COVID"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Seems like somewhere in July they stopped and depending on where each investigator was at some are behind more then others.

They started doing interviews again but from what I heard each investigator is only doing 1 interview a day "do to COVID"

Wow that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I summitted my questionnaire on late August, just had my interview. Now on to getting my application signed and get the process moving. My investigator said it can take anywhere from 4 to 6 months.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I have a friend in Columbia County New York where he and his wife applied for pistol permits. It took about 12 weeks and I think it cost them $88 each.

When I moved from Merrick to Georgia at the end of 2017, I applied for my Georgia Weapons license on a Friday morning at about 9:30am, it was approved by a probate judge that afternoon and picked it up on the following Monday. Total cost for 5 years was $74.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm proud to report I got my license in the mail today! It's been a long road and I'm excited to go shopping tonight! :)

Here's my final pistol permit timeline:

Permit in hand: 5/4/2021

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm proud to report I got my license in the mail today! It's been a long road and I'm excited to go shopping tonight! :)

Here's my final pistol permit timeline:

Permit in hand: 5/4/2021
Im heading to DSI now to do some shooting, they are open till 8 come rent some guns, they also have a good amount of pistols in stock. Congrats!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im heading to DSI now to do some shooting, they are open till 8 come rent some guns, they also have a good amount of pistols in stock. Congrats!

That's actually where I'm buying my first pistol. I called and they have it in stock. I've been there once before and can't wait to check out their range. I'm going there tonight around 6:30/7 to purchase!

·
Registered
90 Posts

That's actually where I'm buying my first pistol. I called and they have it in stock. I've been there once before and can't wait to check out their range. I'm going there tonight around 6:30/7 to purchase!
That was me in the blue hoodie, if your the guy that just came in for the 43X or the M17 lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
That was me in the blue hoodie, if your the guy that just came in for the 43X or the M17 lol

That wasn't me. I actually got there around 6:40pm and bought a Glock 19 gen5. Then I went into the range and got 2 boxes in before they closed.

Oh ok nice!

261 - 280 of 300 Posts