Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
Below is the application for the 4x4 permit. Dates Of Sale: January 2, to April 30th 2016

Fill it out, attach a copy of your registration and drivers license include a check made out to Long Island State Parks and mail it away. Be sure to state you do not need a copy of the receipt.

Turnaround is 1 week.

Make sure you sign the application!

This form is not available online anywhere else! Download it RIGHT here.

Here're the deal..

You can all submit your 4x4 permit through the MAIL without going down there. All they need is:

Check for $65.00 made out to: O.P.R. & H.P.-L.I.REGION

COPY of your registration.
COPY of your drivers license

Mail check and COPY OF YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION and DRIVERS LICENSE (both must match) to:

NY State Parks
PO BOX 247 Babylon NY 11702

ATTN: Permit Office

PUT ON THE CHECK : FOR NYS 4X4 PERMIT 2016

CALL 631-321-3515 FOR QUESTIONS

----Remember to include your registration. Also, whomever is registered is the name/signature you need to put on the form.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks, I've been meaning to do this.

Before I call the office and get some government zombie on the phone maybe someone here can help me...

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer. To the best of my knowledge this vehicle qualifies for the permit. The vehicle itself is not registered to me, It's a company vehicle that is registered and insured by the company I work for. The instructions are specific regarding the registration and drivers license matching. Does anyone know if they will issue me the permit in this situation?

Many years ago I got a night fishing permit (NOT a 4X4 Permit) for a different company vehicle. I have no recollection what they asked me for before issuing the permit.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never had any issue with mailing in before. Not sure why but this year was sent back and told to redo. Not sure what was missing but on for a second try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts