Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ground blind is ready for the big game hunting season. Best of luck and be safe this hunting season.

Attachments

·
Older Budweiser
2,222 Posts
If that's the spot that you want it in, I would move that tree closer to it.

Good luck this season. Post a picture of the monster in the bed of that new truck!

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Good luck happy hunting.

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that's the spot that you want it in, I would move that tree closer to it.

Good luck this season. Post a picture of the monster in the bed of that new truck!
That blind was always against the Apple tree. I have a few other hunters using the blind and they wanted maximum visibility and a clear shooting lane.
The Eco Diesel is doing a great job.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
I also would want the entry door much closer to the tree, and completely closed up to prevent silhouetting. Just sayin' I will wish those other guys luck anyway.

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also would want the entry door much closer to the tree, and completely closed up to prevent silhouetting. Just sayin' I will wish those other guys luck anyway.
It has always worked well for me when it was set up by the tree. Getting in was the big challenge for these other hunters that wanted it a few feet away from the tree to make it easier to enter the blind.
Movement and the slightest sound will spook a deer during the hunting season. I prefer ground blinds over a tree stand for that reason.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
At my age I can tend to get drowsy while in a stand. Much less time hitting the ground when on a stool in my ground blind, lol. Yes, with your back against the tree you will not be silhouetted. those other guys will be unless they close the door, especially if they scan to right and left. but to each his own.

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At my age I can tend to get drowsy while in a stand. Much less time hitting the ground when on a stool in my ground blind, lol. Yes, with your back against the tree you will not be silhouetted. those other guys will be unless they close the door, especially if they scan to right and left. but to each his own.
Have to make the other new hunters happy. They feel deer won't know the difference. I shot a few deer in that blind when it was against the Apple tree. We will find out if the deer notice.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Well? How'd it go?

Reactions: boosti

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Smoked Three doe during the 2016 season. One buck lost during the rut. The locals were riding the ATVs. A good hit, but the buck was running from hearing all the noise in the woods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts