1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Sitting in the woods... its too warm for deer

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Deposite ny lDeer moving great last two days. Loads of does but on the way up today had a nice high rack 6pt sitting 30' frozen in front of me. I could have easily taken but didn't let him move on. Deer have been doing move from 1030 am on so I'd suggest watch and hunt for that day time move. If you go in get back out cause that been the pattern recently day time move and dusk. Good luck

·
Powderfinger
2,478 Posts
Good Luck to every LIF member hunting today. I took the 20 minute drive to my Monticello property. I have a doe tag and will use it!
What exit Are you off route 17 in Monticello ? I had 55 acres in Liberty, Parksville exit 98 . off 17. Good Luck and have a nice breakfast at the Roscoe Diner. ... I think it's still there.

Reactions: TERRY P

·
Giraffe Hunter
3,768 Posts
Had a spike walk within 15 yards of my ghost blind. He knew something was up but couldnt figure it out till he walked all the way around to the back of me.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Partner just got this 4. Antler on one side is broken. Probably was a 7
Don't underestimate the power of using scent. We treated our clothes with earth scent this morning and this guy came right in from the wind direction of the Tinks 69 and the buck bomb

·
Still working on a screen name
6,642 Posts
What exit Are you off route 17 in Monticello ? I had 55 acres in Liberty, Parksville exit 98 . off 17. Good Luck and have a nice breakfast at the Roscoe Diner. ... I think it's still there.
We may have bumped into one another up there... My family has property off the same exit. Down Old Lily Pond Rd, on Hunter Lake. Spent my entire summers there growing up. Many meals at the Roscoe diner. Lots of good hunting.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Partner just got this 4. Antler on one side is broken. Probably was a 7
Don't underestimate the power of using scent. We treated our clothes with earth scent this morning and this guy came right in from the wind direction of the Tinks 69 and the buck bomb
Buck Bomb Estrus is really a great cover scent. My cousins are going to eat at the diner, I am staying in the woods all day... Can't have the smell of a diner ruin my hunt!

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exit 104 Town of Thompson Land is off of 17b around the corner from the Jade.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I got out to my stand at 545. At 715 this guy walked towards me and I took my shot. He dropped and then get back up and ran about 25 feet and dropped again. Took 1 more shot so he didn't suffer and ended up with this 8 pointer. Deer are definitely on the move in Walton.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts