Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing all the hype about the Walther PPQ M2 with the 5 inch barrel I had to go check it out. I went to DSI and checked it along with the H&K VP9. It was a close contest but I chose the Walther. It has a great trigger which I can't wait to try at the range this week and a really cool look. I'm finding the 9 MM is my pistol of choice for range shooting. I already have a SIG MK25 but wanted to add a striker fired polymer to my arsenal. It's also my first foreign made gun.

I paid for it yesterday and went to Yaphank to register it. Today I plan to pick up the gun and bring it back to Yaphank to finish up the process.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Was by T&T one day and stopped in just to check things out, they had a nice like new P-89 that I adopted, so started the Yaphank shuffle, I am in Bayshore,

To Gun store (T&T)---15 miles, T&T to Yap.---37 miles, Yap. back to T&T---37 miles,T&T back out to Yap.-
37 miles, back home---15 miles. =141 miles.

What part of "shall not be infringed" dont they understand?

·
Banned
10,014 Posts
Was by T&T one day and stopped in just to check things out, they had a nice like new P-89 that I adopted, so started the Yaphank shuffle, I am in Bayshore,

To Gun store (T&T)---15 miles, T&T to Yap.---37 miles, Yap. back to T&T---37 miles,T&T back out to Yap.-

I (we all) feel your pain. It is usually well over 100 miles for me also. Plus I have to take a day off from work.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I (we all) feel your pain. It is usually well over 100 miles for me also. Plus I have to take a day off from work.
I did a handgun transfer just last week and I used Bensons, they get $10 for the transfer and the PD is a bit closer. Still a bit of a PITA but not AS bad.

·
Registered
11,590 Posts

Try T&T Tactical, paid, home(20+20) since it was too late to get to yaphank, next day Yaphank,back to T&TT (50+50) to find my nics is "delayed" (as usual)...go home.(20) next trip to T&TT(20), yaphank, home. (50+50)
20+20+50+50+20+50=
260 miles driving.
... to buy a $175 gun.
my van was getting 15 mpg. - 17.33 gallons of gas.... this was right after the UNsafe act passed (yeah, they rubber-stamped my receipt and had me initial, that I could only put 7 rounds in the REVOLVER I just purchased), so gas was still up over $3.75
$65 in gas. and about 6 hours total driving time.

[email protected]#$%^ING RIDICULOUS!!!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Work in Hauppauge to PJ Army Navy to Yaphank to Hauppauge is 50 miles. If I'm lucky, I can do one R/T in an extended lunch hour, so 100 miles and 3 hours over the course of 2 days for me. Anyplace west of me, like Campsite or Coliseum and I'm right up there with the rest of you guys. Lotsa wasted time and money to keep track of the good guys who aren't the problem....

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Call your Suffolk County Legislator and complain. Ranting here won't change anything. If enough people call and make issue of this, there is a chance we may see a change.
Also consider getting together as a group for a legal challenge. I don't see how this run around passes a rational basis test, let alone any higher level of judicial scrutiny.

Reactions: Cambria33
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.