1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
http://www.foxnews.c...is-bound-train/

2 American military personnel attacked on Paris-bound train

Published August 21, 2015
FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: Three people, including two American military personnel, were injured Friday when at least one person armed with an AK-47 and knife opened fire on a train that originated in Amsterdam and headed to Paris.
The gunman was overpowered by off-duty U.S. soldiers when the train stopped in the northern French city of Arras, La Voix du Nord reported. He was reportedly arrested.

Two of the victims were seriously injured, the French state rail company SNCF said, according to the AFP.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
http://www.foxnews.c...is-bound-train/

2 American military personnel attacked on Paris-bound train

Published August 21, 2015
FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: Three people, including two American military personnel, were injured Friday when at least one person armed with an AK-47 and knife opened fire on a train that originated in Amsterdam and headed to Paris.
The gunman was overpowered by off-duty U.S. soldiers when the train stopped in the northern French city of Arras, La Voix du Nord reported. He was reportedly arrested.

Two of the victims were seriously injured, the French state rail company SNCF said, according to the AFP.
Darn.
I hope the Obama administration doesn't have the soldiers brought up on charges for overpowering the POS instead of cowering or running away.
What were they thinking?

·
Sheepdog
1,514 Posts
Saving unarmed french asses once again! Nice job boys, and a get well soon to the wounded.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
The report I heard on fox about 10 minutes ago that the US servicemen were elemental in stopping the attack. Reported that they recognized the sound of an AK being loaded in the head and took action. I think one or both Military members were wounded and hopefully not seriously. The 'shooter' was reported to be Northern African. We all know what that likely means.
As all early news reports, subject to change.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
There go the Americans saving the French again.
reminded me of this jke:
The elderly American gentleman arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he fumbled for his passport.

"You 'ave been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically. The old gent admitted that he had been to France previously.

"Zen, you should know enough to 'ave your passport ready for inspection."

The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. You Americans alwayz 'ave to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained.

"Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Moroccan, 26 years old, alive, not talking and 'know to authorities.'

Imagine if the U.S. Warriors weren't on board to to disarm the vermin. There's a very good chance this terrorist could have forced the surrender of the country of France and the white flag would be flying atop the Eiffel Tower right now.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,076 Posts
Darn.
I hope the Obama administration doesn't have the soldiers brought up on charges for overpowering the POS instead of cowering or running away.
What were they thinking?
Sadly, I know you and your hints at sarcasm, but in this case I fear you are correct !!

By the way ... Hooray for the RED, WHITE, and BLUE !! Saving France yet again !!

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,978 Posts

Imagine if the U.S. Warriors weren't on board to to disarm the vermin. There's a very good chance this terrorist could have forced the surrender of the country of France and the white flag would be flying atop the Eiffel Tower right now.
It was a trap, there were THREE Marines!

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,770 Posts
I just posted it as well.... Oops, sorry mods!

These guys are heroes!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Lol. Reminds me of French Tanks - 1 forward gear, 6 reverse

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.