Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
Mine as well.  The application was received by them on the 2nd of June and the check was cashed on the 10th.

·
3,076 Posts
Mine as well.  The application was received by them on the 2nd of June and the check was cashed on the 10th.

·
3,076 Posts
vmtcmt said:
Anybody received theirs yet?
Only been 4 weeks. Should start getting them by the end of July.

·
3,076 Posts
vmtcmt said:
Anybody received theirs yet?
Only been 4 weeks. Should start getting them by the end of July.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Thjey cash your check pretty much in the first week or two- my Utah permit took about 10 weeks when I did it last year. And before anybody jumps in with the "It's a LICENSE not a PERMIT" B.S, when you get yours it will say "Concealed Firearm Permit", so I am calling it by the term used by Utah.

They may be operating faster these days to pull in revenue while they can- the Utah permit may shortly no longer be required in Utah, and I don't know if they can justify non-resident versions of something that does not exist. This is something to think about, and consider Florida.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Thjey cash your check pretty much in the first week or two- my Utah permit took about 10 weeks when I did it last year. And before anybody jumps in with the "It's a LICENSE not a PERMIT" B.S, when you get yours it will say "Concealed Firearm Permit", so I am calling it by the term used by Utah.

They may be operating faster these days to pull in revenue while they can- the Utah permit may shortly no longer be required in Utah, and I don't know if they can justify non-resident versions of something that does not exist. This is something to think about, and consider Florida.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
Mine finally arrived today!

Utah calls it a 'permit' - But then you also have to apply to the Utah "Bureau of CRIMINAL IDENTIFICATION" ...So they are identifying us as criminals...

·
Registered
11,563 Posts

Utah calls it a 'permit' - But then you also have to apply to the Utah "Bureau of CRIMINAL IDENTIFICATION" ...So they are identifying us as criminals...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I just took the Utah class last saturday 7-31 Paperwork has already arrived in Utah. Hope to receive ithe permit by the end of September.
Congrats to all who already have theirs.
TJ

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I just took the Utah class last saturday 7-31 Paperwork has already arrived in Utah. Hope to receive ithe permit by the end of September.
Congrats to all who already have theirs.
TJ

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Parashooter said:

,,,and you thought the "C" in the name of the division of the FBI that processes your BATF form stands for what. "Cookie Monster" ? All the term Criminal means in this respect is that they arte investigating criminal records to see if you turn up- it does not mean you are a criminal.

I think anyone who air travels or plans to with a handgun SHOULD have FL or UT. the idea here is to cover the major hubs- places where you can get stranded with your guns on a layover and earn yourself a pile of trouble basically through no fault of your own. Including incarceration and forfeiture of your NYS license. So yeah get at least one of them.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
Parashooter said:

,,,and you thought the "C" in the name of the division of the FBI that processes your BATF form stands for what. "Cookie Monster" ? All the term Criminal means in this respect is that they arte investigating criminal records to see if you turn up- it does not mean you are a criminal.

I think anyone who air travels or plans to with a handgun SHOULD have FL or UT. the idea here is to cover the major hubs- places where you can get stranded with your guns on a layover and earn yourself a pile of trouble basically through no fault of your own. Including incarceration and forfeiture of your NYS license. So yeah get at least one of them.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Captain Will said:

VERY GOOD POINT.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Captain Will said:

VERY GOOD POINT.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts