Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any place in Suffolk can help. Shooting my brand new 1911. 7 the round in the slide SIEZED to the rear it won't budge.

Dan Wesson valor.

Wtf

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slide stop is out. Plunger is out too. Still locked to the rear.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Lets get a picture and see whats going on here. It will help his troubleshoot your problem. What kind of .45 where you running through the pistol?

·
Recovering vegan, bacon saved my life
3,453 Posts
Possiblity of barrel link binding?..if you have a very thin screwdriver, awl, hex key or even punch....trying working it gently through the slide stop hole.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not messin with it. $1,400 gun so pissed. Bensons..... Yeah I know I know has a guy on hand he's gonna look at it Monday.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Collesium is just too far away and so is campsite. This is around from my job.

It's got an idiot scratch. Hope that's all it gets

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Try pushing the barrel downward from the ejection port or up from the muzzle end, if the barrel is locked into the lugs this should free it. You can also use a small dowel or rod inserted into the barrel for additional leverage, but be wary of the round in the chamber and not to mar the barrel or crown. Youll know thats its the lugs that are locked if the barrel has no play whatsoever.

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The shop has it but the barrel was free floating when I took out the slide stop and plunger. It moved freely as did the guide rod when I was messing with it.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.