Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I await delivery of my Ed Brown SF, I've been thinking about having some work done on my [only] other 1911 - a 25 year old Colt Combat Commander. I stopped at my local gun shop a couple of days ago to inquire about having their gunsmith do the work. I was a little surprised to hear that he prefers to work on long guns (to avoid the handgun paperwork), so I started thinking I should look for a gunsmith with extensive experience working on 1911s. I'd appreciate any advice you have for a name in Suffolk or Nassau. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
:yepthat

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Call Cliff at 631-665-8836  excellent gun smith

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I here glen Cove sport shop
forest ave in GC
ask for john cash
I was told he is excellent
I never used him but I here from a couple of Nassau county P.D. he does great work;I am lucky I do all my own work on my 1911

·
Sharp Shooter!
300 Posts
Take this to the bank---THERE ISN'T A "PISTOLSMITH" ON THE ENTIRE LENGTH AND BREADTH OF LONG ISLAND. There are guys who do their own work and rarely for others except close friends. The last one left L.I. a long time ago---Bill Kart. "Doc"

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have an Ed Brown SF 5", and Radioman has an Ed Brown SF 4-1/4". They are both unbelievable. The shorter barrel seems to be as accurate as the longer one. Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.