Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

· Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks pretty close to being a done deal. I can't wait for the unintended consequences.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) -
Fast-food workers in New York state may soon be making $15 an hour.

A proposal to set a $15 minimum wage for workers at fast-food restaurants with 30 or more locations was endorsed Wednesday by a state labor board.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, whose administration has the final say on the idea, has signaled his support.

The wage hike would be phased in over three years in New York City and over six elsewhere in the state.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/fast-food-minimum-wage-board-decision/

· Registered
2,232 Posts
Some supporters are starting to wake up on the left coast. Haha!

Physics professor gets a math lesson as Univ. of Calif. system raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

http://twitchy.com/2015/07/22/physics-professor-gets-a-math-lesson-as-univ-of-calif-system-raises-minimum-wage-to-15-an-hour/

Asantha Cooray @acooray

"Napolitano raises University of California minimum hourly wage to $15. It's a good thing but I cannot pay $15 to my undergrad researchers!"

"I now pay six undergrads/year starting at $9-$10/hour with raises maxing out around $13 as seniors. At $15 it'll be 3-4 students."

Who could have imagined that would happen!!???!

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Now the left coast workers are reducing their hours, so they can remain on public assistance !! The new minimum wage puts them over public assistance levels, and still they remain in the poverty bracket. Also, may food chains have tacked on surcharges to cover the expense.

Reactions: TTSkipper

· Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Sounds like liberal incrementalism. The other shoe will drop after the next elections.
Sounds more like the final nail in the coffin of Capitalism! Let's crunch the big companies and prevent smaller companies from becoming larger because it just won't pay. AWESOME!!!!

Lawyers should be happy because I would assume those owning 30 or more will simply incorporate a new business and divide the locations up so they don't have to comply.

· Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Welcome self serve kiosks! But stock in automation companies now.
McDonalds is already doing this in the UK. I've heard estimates that by end of 2016 all UK McDonalds ordering will be self-serve kiosks. What do you expect when the machine is cheaper and doesn't complain about its job.

· Registered
1,770 Posts
Some supporters are starting to wake up on the left coast. Haha!

Physics professor gets a math lesson as Univ. of Calif. system raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

http://twitchy.com/2...-to-15-an-hour/

Asantha Cooray @acooray

"Napolitano raises University of California minimum hourly wage to $15. It's a good thing but I cannot pay $15 to my undergrad researchers!"

"I now pay six undergrads/year starting at $9-$10/hour with raises maxing out around $13 as seniors. At $15 it'll be 3-4 students."

Who could have imagined that would happen!!???!
Just raise tuition while making college free.

· Registered
6,224 Posts
Now many people that make less still are entitled to food benefits with the $15 hour will bring many over the limit and they will lose there benefits so you will see them asking for less hours. See these Liberals never think of the consequences. you will see people get laided off and some over worked. We will see prices rise but one thing is the liberal left wing politicians feel is they will get votes that the only reason.

· Banned
17,097 Posts
Seattle's $15 minimum wage law is supposed to lift workers out of poverty and move them off public assistance. But there may be a hitch in the plan.
Evidence is surfacing that some workers are asking their bosses for fewer hours as their wages rise - in a bid to keep overall income down so they don't lose public subsidies for things like food, child care and rent.
Full Life Care, a home nursing nonprofit, told KIRO-TV in Seattle that several workers want to work less.
"If they cut down their hours to stay on those subsidies because the $15 per hour minimum wage didn't actually help get them out of poverty, all you've done is put a burden on the business and given false hope to a lot of people," said Jason Rantz, host of the Jason Rantz show on 97.3 KIRO-FM. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/22/seattle-sees-fallout-from-15-minimum-wage-as-other-cities-follow-suit/

· Registered
553 Posts
Seattle's $15 minimum wage law is supposed to lift workers out of poverty and move them off public assistance. But there may be a hitch in the plan.
Evidence is surfacing that some workers are asking their bosses for fewer hours as their wages rise - in a bid to keep overall income down so they don't lose public subsidies for things like food, child care and rent.
Full Life Care, a home nursing nonprofit, told KIRO-TV in Seattle that several workers want to work less.
"If they cut down their hours to stay on those subsidies because the $15 per hour minimum wage didn't actually help get them out of poverty, all you've done is put a burden on the business and given false hope to a lot of people," said Jason Rantz, host of the Jason Rantz show on 97.3 KIRO-FM. http://www.foxnews.c...es-follow-suit/
Saw this last night, how long before that line of thinking comes here, and more people are sitting on their [email protected]@

· Registered
1,935 Posts
all I got on this is DISLIKE ANDY or will he stick it in didumbios face and shoot it down because they do not play nice together. Its a dumb idea created by people who can not look into the future and see what it will bring.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.