Long Island Shooters Forum banner

15$ Bore Sighting Tool

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  gopedxr7 
#1 ·
I am looking to bore sight a few of rifles with optics. I figured if give this a shot. I seen decent reviews, I don't see how it could not work. 15$ I think I'll give it a shot. Any comments or concerns?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380808537655

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
*copied & pasted-*

Laser Boresighter Sight Collimator for .22 to .50 Rifles / Handguns / Scopes

This boresighter is designed for sighting in your rifles and shotguns without firing a shot. The sight will emit a straight red laser beam, providing precise reference for zeroing in your sights or scopes.
Features
Fits any .22 to .50 caliber rifles, handguns, and scopes
Allows for quickly and accurately resetting of any sights (iron, optical, laser, holographic, etc)
Windage and elevation adjustable
Long sighting range
Light weight and durable
Comes with tools, four adapters, and extra batteries (six total)
Specifications
Max. Output Power
less than 5mW
Weight 38g
Material Aluminum
Length
155 mm
Length of rod that fits in the barrel:
60mm - 90mm (tapered)
Head Diameter
16mm
Tail Diameter
5mm
Laser wavelength 635-655nm
Laser Color Red
Power 3x AG13 batteries
Items Included
1 x Laser boresighter
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Spare screw
1 x Allen key
4 x Adapter tips
1 x Padded storage box
6 x AG13 batteries (3 spares)
Payment,Shipping,& Returns
We accept payment via PayPal and major credit cards. An UPI (unpaid item) case may be filed automatically if no payment is received after 7 days. Please do contact us ASAP if you have questions. We will happily assist you with any payment issues.

We generally ship within one business day of cleared payment. We will use the shipping option that you select and pay for. When shipping cost is similar, we may upgrade your shipping option (e.g., from USPS Parcel Post to Priority). Combined shipping discount is always available. If you purchase multiple items from us, please send us a request for total before you pay. We will try our best to save your shipping cost. Shipping to some countries may not be available. If your country is not included in the ship to list, please contact us first before placing an order.

Returns are gladly accepted within 30 days after your order is delivered. We will email you a pre-paid shipping label for you to return a defective or wrong product within the 30 day return period. You are required to pay for the return shipping of a correct and non-defective item.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Our products are affordable but certainly not "cheap". If you are not satisfied with your item, you can simply return it within our generous 30 day return period. We honor our return policies and warranty offers. Returning or replacing a product with us is really hassle free.

Please send us a message from eBay if you have questions or comments. We are available from 9AM to 3PM (EST) M-S. Customer support phone number will be included in the packages we ship.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Don't expect any level of precision, especially in a $15 tool. If you took that laser and chucked it in a drill press, and turned it at a slow speed, it would most likely make you a nice little circle, not a dot.

I have a similar Burris unit, and it will get me on paper at Mitchel Field type distances, and I can dial it in from there. No idea about the quality of the one linked above, but it should save you a few rounds. Not too many, though.

#7 ·
i have one. As vmtcmt wrote, if you spin it in the bore you will see a small circle. I found that it does get me on paper at 25 yards, maybe 2-3 inches off center.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
They are only as good as you zero them. I have found an easy way to do that is to roll them on a table like a pool cue. The tail end must be straight, and then adjust the grub screws so the beam is centered. After that, if you consider that that a bore sight really is just to get you on paper and it's not a laser sight, it's serviceable.

@ChiefSailor: Without going to Amazon, I will take a wild guess that at least half the reviewers threw out the instructions and never zeroed the damn thing.

#12 ·

I hope your dreams are filled with Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi with strap-ons!

I have one of those bore sighters made by Bushnell. It was a piece of crap that couldn't get me on paper. It wasn't "adjustable" until one day I got really pissed off and took a vice grip to it and wrenched off the cover to find four grub screws at the laser head.
I chucked it into a drill, strapped the drill to a table and adjusted it so it made one point of light at about 30 feet.
Now it's good enough to get on paper at 50 yards.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
i have ebay bore sights for 223, 30-06 and 7.62x54r. they are not bad. they bring me within a foot or two of where it is supposed to be. which saved me money on on ammo as i was sighting in the 30-06 as it was off by a lot when i mounted the scope. not only was i not hitting paper i was not hitting the 4x8 plywood before i bore sighted it. lol

i see it as better than nothing. but would like a good bore sight one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.