Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A true criminal has paid the price. :-/

Brookfield, IL -
A 14-year-old Riverside Brookfield High School student was charged with one count of possession of ammunition without a Firearm Owner's Identification card, possession of ammunition on school grounds and disorderly conduct after police were called to the school on a report that a student was in possession of a bullet at 1:22 p.m. Tuesday.

The student from North Riverside allegedly was in possession of one live 9 mm bullet, police said. The juvenile was taken into custody by police and transported to the police station for investigation.

Weitzel added it was another case of bad judgment by a student, not intent to cause harm to anyone.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/cicero/news/police_and_fire/x301185684/R-B-student-charged-for-bringing-bullet-to-school
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,632 Posts
OH UNCLE PAUL said:
Bullet, Cartridge

Magazine, Clip

Semi auto, assault weapon

When for the love of Christ will they get this right?
+ 1
 

·
OnTargetGuy
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Police for that! What a hardened criminal, Kid Makes a bad choice and they call the police,  they just should have called his dad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Sounds like a terrorist, ship him to Guantanamo for advanced interrogation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Bloomberg is increasing his sting activity. Now he is targeting out-of-state middle schools for illegal ammo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
when i was 9 and in 3rd grade i brought a bullet to school that my dad had in a shoe box, my dad never had a gun in the house after he had kids it was from years back and just had it in as a keepsake kind of thing, anyway i was suspended for a day and thats it. that was also 16 yeas ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,563 Posts
OH UNCLE PAUL said:
Bullet, Cartridge

Magazine, Clip

Semi auto, assault weapon

When for the love of Christ will they get this right?
They ARE getting it right - it annoys 'us' and 'they' KNOW IT!

Start messing with 'them'... I had to load a bullet into the cartridge, load the cartridge into the clip, so I could load my magazine... THEN I could finally load my gun - yeah so freakin' fast these semi-auto's are... ;)
 

·
III%
Joined
·
2,787 Posts
htowncoupe said:
when i was 9 and in 3rd grade i brought a bullet to school that my dad had in a shoe box, my dad never had a gun in the house after he had kids it was from years back and just had it in as a keepsake kind of thing, anyway i was suspended for a day and thats it. that was also 16 yeas ago
When I was 12 I brought a .35 win lever action and a bag of ammo to school and after school our shooting club went to the range and had a great time!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
I went to the range today at Mitchell Field around 4pm....There were 4 school buses parked in the lot and no cars...I thought they were there for soccer or football or some other school sporting event..When i went in i found out it was school shooting teams who had all 5 rooms and there was 1 left over for me to shoot.....I saw boys and girls and it made me SMILE.....When i started shooting with my Glock 37 45 Gap i noticed a few were looking through the glass and smiling...It warmed my heart...So....i took out my Mossy 12ga pump and really made a racket and they smiled even more...Maybe there is hope for our future generation
 

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
Joined
·
7,979 Posts
RoadKing said:
I went to the range today at Mitchell Field around 4pm....There were 4 school buses parked in the lot and no cars...I thought they were there for soccer or football or some other school sporting event..When i went in i found out it was school shooting teams who had all 5 rooms and there was 1 left over for me to shoot.....I saw boys and girls and it made me SMILE.....When i started shooting with my Glock 37 45 Gap i noticed a few were looking through the glass and smiling...It warmed my heart...So....i took out my Mossy 12ga pump and really made a racket and they smiled even more...Maybe there is hope for our future generation
My kid lettered for four years on his high school rifle team.
It was a struggle to keep the program going. They are just waiting in the wings to shut down this sport based on lead contaminations, too expensive, too dangerous, wrong message, ect.
If these morons would just allow more firearms exposure/shooting activities for our high school age youth they would eliminate a lot of the trouble inducing curiosity and machismo surrounding guns, and provide an opportunity for hands on education on gun safety.
 

·
In my Happy Place
Joined
·
3,769 Posts
Captain Will said:
A 9mm without a firearm is STILL more dangerous in the hands of a 14YO moron than a 9mm handgun with no ammo.
On the surface it would seem so but if you pointed either at a cop or any armed man for that matter, I'd say the latter would have more potential to end in tragedy.
 

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
grifhunter said:
My kid lettered for four years on his high school rifle team.
It was a struggle to keep the program going. They are just waiting in the wings to shut down this sport based on lead contaminations, too expensive, too dangerous, wrong message, ect.
If these morons would just allow more firearms exposure/shooting activities for our high school age youth they would eliminate a lot of the trouble inducing curiosity and machismo surrounding guns, and provide an opportunity for hands on education on gun safety.
The Valley Stream District Rifle Team, which I was a part of back in my day, CONSTANTLY win championships. It is still great to see the program not only thriving, but getting budgeted for Anschutz Rifles last year and making the program better and safer for the kids. Valley Stream has their own range in the basement of Memorial Junior High School which they host matches from. I used to travel with Valley Stream PAL all over New York and New England...but that was 15 years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
When I lived in Maine (Mid 80's), and was in High School there we were allowed to bring rifles and ammo to school.
With prior permission we brought the cased rifle/shotgun in, dropped it in the main office (they checked they chambers) dropped ammo and after school would shoot targets or clays on campus (it was 2400 acres)

I am sure it has changed now.
 

·
Grand Poobah
Joined
·
21,170 Posts
When I was a kid I brought a bullet of my Dads into school for Show and Tell. Nothing happened to me. That was over 40 years ago.

htowncoupe said:
when i was 9 and in 3rd grade i brought a bullet to school that my dad had in a shoe box, my dad never had a gun in the house after he had kids it was from years back and just had it in as a keepsake kind of thing, anyway i was suspended for a day and thats it. that was also 16 yeas ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,083 Posts
Captain Will said:
A 9mm without a firearm is STILL more dangerous in the hands of a 14YO moron than a 9mm handgun with no ammo.
I disagree. The police usually won't shoot you if they see you holding a single cartridge. A handgun on the other hand...
 

·
In my Happy Place
Joined
·
3,769 Posts
FatWhiteMan said:
I disagree. The police usually won't shoot you if they see you holding a single cartridge. A handgun on the other hand...
And.. you ever try to pistol whip someone with a 9 mm cartridge? It takes forever to knock them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
We were allowed to keep shotguns at school in the school armoury which included bolt action versions of various military rifles/assault rifles and machine guns/...all maintained by students under the watchful eye of an ex-military police sergeant who ran the show.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top